Thread: E38 pwm fan with A/C

Potential Tuner

E38 pwm fan with A/C

Swapped a 2014 truck 6.2 with 6l80 into my firebird. Got the fans running with the fusion pwm modules. Hooked up the vintage A/C system with BP automotive dryer that has a GM pressure sensor in it. The truck OS won't recognize the A/C sensor and when I did a segment swap to a 2014 Camaro OS the fans wouldn't work🤬🤬. Tried several different segment swap combinations with truck and Camaro but couldn't ever get both the fans and A/C to work at the same time. RpmExtreme sells a A/C request module that I think might work for me. http://www.rpmextreme.com/Product/23...st-Module.aspx

Is there anything else that might work
    E38 Serv.# 12633238
    Operating System: 12656198

Any advice is appreciated

This probably will not help much, but I did a C6 segment swap to use PWM fans on my 2015 Z28 E38 that is in my LS7 powered 68 Firebird. I am using a GM C6 fan controller though. I do not have AC, but I do not see any problem if I were to add it.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the suggestion. Got a C6 tune off the repository tried to segment swap but it was grayed out.

Potential Tuner
    So I installed the RpmExtreme A/C request module. Now the fans work and the ECM gets a A/C pressure reading. I spliced in at the OBDII port Instead of the ECM X1 connector.