Thread: looking for about a 70hp with some smoke 2003 lb7 duramax

Tuner in Training

looking for about a 70hp with some smoke 2003 lb7 duramax

wanting a little smoke not looking to be a jerk but want to roll some coal lb7

You won't get much support for rolling coal. Deeply frowned upon in the tuning community. Clean tuning with maximum power is where its at.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

I can help make solid power out of your truck but you have to also understand dumping tons of smoke vs making a lot more power cleaner is a night and day difference. Do you have any modifications done to your LB7? Do you have any transmission updates? There is a fine line also with wanting to drive the truck like a bat out of hell and driving normal with some hits here and there. Do you do any pulling with the truck or is it just a daily vehicle, you are trying to get good fuel milage with and turn it up to not feel like a slug i its stock form? I will say this even a conservative calibration really wakes up the LB7 they are extremely detuned from the factory most likely to get the longest life out of the transmission due to its inherent weakness with oiling.
    King Ranch Expedition 5.4 3v 6R80 Coyote PCM , M112 Blower, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Green Cats, Aeromotive Regulated Return Fuel System, ID 1000 Injectors, Custom Interior Wiring, Track Apps, EPS mode adjustable, +6 Blower Pulley w/ Innovators West SFI Balancer, Afco Dual Fan ZL1 Heat Exchanger, Flex Fuel E85 0-60 5 secs 12.0 best quarter mile time.

Tuner in Training
    It?s my sons truck, we have a nice , tow, 50,70,90 tune that we can choose from and load up, he just wants a dirty tune once and awhile

Senior Tuner
    Sounds like a good chance for a teaching experience of don't.