Thread: Thoughts on first 411/24x conversion on SBC

Thoughts on first 411/24x conversion on SBC

Hey everyone,

I am just wrapping up a 24x conversion from EFI Connection that I did on a friends 1987 Iroc-Z camaro with a SBC 350. Its using a 411 ECU from a 2002 Silverado.

I had some thoughts and wanted some feedback on the way I did a few things as well as a couple things I haven't tackled yet.

For the firing order issue I decided to swap the injectors and coils for 4 <->7 and 2<-> 3. This worked fine until the O2 sensors started correcting and I ran into an issue that now the 3rd, 4th, 7th, and 8th cylinders in the firing order are on the wrong banks the trims were inverse of each other and got into a weird loop where I eventually shut it off because they were fighting each other. I went in and modified the cylinder/band assignments and that seems to have fixed that isue.
    So first question is would I have been better off in just changing the firing order under Engine -> General and wired coils and injectors to the correct cylinders instead of swapping them around? I feel like if I did that then I wouldn't have ran into the O2 sensor bank assignment issues.

Just want to make sure I am understanding and learning about thing correctly.

Thanks,

Senior Tuner
    It's been a while since I've done this. I've done a few SBCs, LT1's, and a BBC with his stuff.

He's always provided a base file with the injector bank select and firing order fixed. The way that stuff is labeled in HPT isn't entirely obvious. Have you reached out to him?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    It's been a while since I've done this. I've done a few SBCs, LT1's, and a BBC with his stuff.

He's always provided a base file with the injector bank select and firing order fixed. The way that stuff is labeled in HPT isn't entirely obvious. Have you reached out to him?
    Yes Mike has been great with support so far. I think the idea with changing the wires is to match the 2001-2002 express and also IF someone is using different software than HP tuners that doesn't allow you to change the firing order this is the easiest way.

However now I am running into P0342 and P0343. Something with the cam sensor is wrong however I checked the wiring numerous times and confirmed the sensor is operating correctly.

Tomorrow I want to doublecheck the cam sync and positioning of the sensor.

The only weird thing I noticed is that although the battery has 12.5 volts the VCC on the cam sensor is only 10.x volts. I need to doublecheck that the IGN and battery voltage going into the ECU matches what the battery reads but I still found it odd that the cam sensor input voltage was lower.