Thread: Tuning in the Buffalo New York area

Potential Tuner

Tuning in the Buffalo New York area

Hi everyone I?m new to the community and would like to know if anyone is turning GM LS engines in the Buffalo New York area

Senior Tuner
    GHuggins, Alvin, and edcmat-l1 (hpt forum usernames) are all professional tuners that spend a lot of time helping on the GM Gen 3,4, & 5 forums. And I would trust them more than 90% of "local" tuners for the majority of things. About the only reason I can think of to "need" a local tuner is for high HP stuff that you are running on the edge and need the dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by ez72cutlass View Post
    Hi everyone I?m new to the community and would like to know if anyone is turning GM LS engines in the Buffalo New York area
    Full performance shop, parts, chassis dyno and 25+ years of experience. Also a HPTuners dealer if you need credits or hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    GHuggins, Alvin, and edcmat-l1 (hpt forum usernames) are all professional tuners that spend a lot of time helping on the GM Gen 3,4, & 5 forums. And I would trust them more than 90% of "local" tuners for the majority of things. About the only reason I can think of to "need" a local tuner is for high HP stuff that you are running on the edge and need the dyno.
    Plenty of skilled people locally in most places that don't have time to spend on the forums.

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Senior Tuner
    The real problem is for an inexperienced person to choose a local shop that actually does good work. I’m sure you do, but there are plenty of tunes by “ highly recommended” tuners that are crap. I went through this myself before I was on here.

Tuner in Training
    if you go remote, use Alvin at PCMOFNC...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JnJSpdShop View Post
    Full performance shop, parts, chassis dyno and 25+ years of experience. Also a HPTuners dealer if you need credits or hardware.

+1, Jason can take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    The real problem is for an inexperienced person to choose a local shop that actually does good work. I’m sure you do, but there are plenty of tunes by “ highly recommended” tuners that are crap. I went through this myself before I was on here.
    That is why it is important to read reviews and talk to other local car enthusiasts

Western New York's Performance Headquarters