Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyway to disable AWD w/o using a Tazer

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    man you really have a unicorn on your hands. Assume you also tried the displacement trick to disable the traction control? Might work the same way.
    That I have not done. Yeah this thing has been......well difficult. I sent a ticket into support, hopefully they will be able to tell me something.

Senior Tuner
    While you're waiting set displacement to zero and maybe try again.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you know anyone who has a WiTech module? There are other causes for the error you are receiving. Did you happen to disconnect the steering for any reason (header install?).
    Specializing in building and tuning 1000hp, daily driven, 9 second cars!

www.ostdyno.com Shop Phone: 724-368-9000

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Do you know anyone who has a WiTech module? There are other causes for the error you are receiving. Did you happen to disconnect the steering for any reason (header install?).
    Unfortunately i don't. The steering wheel was not disconnected. All we did was put a Whipple on it.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a Snap On J2534 PassThru but I don't think it will do the same things as the WiTech

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    While you're waiting set displacement to zero and maybe try again.
    Negative ghost rider.....didn't work.

Advanced Tuner
    Just to update this I was never able to figure this out. I never heard back from support. I ended up having to tune it on the street w/ WB02 obviously and the car runs great.

None of this makes any sense and after a certain point I really didn't care. I spent way too much time on this job and lost my ass. Yes I would have liked to know what the problem was but at the end of the day, the tune up is safe, car runs great. On to the next one.

Tuner in Training
    Just wanted to mention if anyone comes across this thread, I was able to successfully dyno a 2022 Challenger AWD on our RWD Mainline dyno. After doing some research on how the transfer case works (see link below) I decided to just treat it like a GTR or R8/Huracan and removed the FWD shaft and then just ran it on the dyno until ABS faulted out and it was perfectly fine.

https://www.borgwarner.com/newsroom/...YkilrpFPc_MJds

Quote Originally Posted by Kallibrated View Post
    Just wanted to mention if anyone comes across this thread, I was able to successfully dyno a 2022 Challenger AWD on our RWD Mainline dyno. After doing some research on how the transfer case works (see link below) I decided to just treat it like a GTR or R8/Huracan and removed the FWD shaft and then just ran it on the dyno until ABS faulted out and it was perfectly fine.

https://www.borgwarner.com/newsroom/...YkilrpFPc_MJds
    I Agree with this I've done it myself. Also can pull awd fuses under the hood