Hi

i have charger rt full house 5.7 and i have hptuner mpvi2

my mod is :

cal
    cat delet
    catback Corsa

I need to install a tune for backfire or popcorn

Would you please tell me how can i do this tune
    I can help with this, however I need more information, I'm assuming its an Auto Charger? What year? And how aggressive do you want it? I run a "Burbble tune" and it can be pretty loud and fun.

Advanced Tuner
    Nevermind, you want the backfire.
    Last edited by Homer; 04-09-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    I suffer from this too on my M6 challenger. It usually does a single loud backfire when the engine has not reached operating temps. Then as it warms up it gets the popcorn backfire like in this vid.

https://vimeo.com/258407847

I have played with DFCO by setting delay to 0s (default is 1.6s) and have it active at lower temps/RPM but does not seem to help. When the car hits operating temp all the backfires disappear.
    Homer, do you want more "backfire" like popping or trying to get rid of it? DFCO will not affect it at all.

Advanced Tuner
    Unfortunately I want no backfire. Actually if I take the mid mufflers off I get a real nice....braaaahhhh during deceleration but on hard, cold take-offs from 1st going into 2nd gear, I get a really annoying "bang".

Although as I read the OP again, it sounds like kemoo wants backfire which your previous thread gave insight in how to achieve. From everything I have read, disable DFCO (max out ECT) and making your min spark table negative (around zero or negative...I think anything below -30 made it too aggressive) in the low airflow range will give backfire.

BTW I saw your tune you posted a while back.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post523113
    Last edited by Homer; 10-30-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AVMPerformance View Post
    I can help with this, however I need more information, I'm assuming its an Auto Charger? What year? And how aggressive do you want it? I run a "Burbble tune" and it can be pretty loud and fun.

Hi dear ,

thanks for your response, my car is Charger RT 2014 5.7 L HEMI Auto gear .RWD

Ok bro I will try it please tell me what to do. However, I need more information about this (Burbble tune) dose it appeared when P/N or when high RPM ?
    because I prefer it in both situations,

Please tell me if you need more information

i am waiting your response as soon as possible .

Quote Originally Posted by kemoo557 View Post

Hi dear ,

thanks for your response, my car is Charger RT 2014 5.7 L HEMI Auto gear .RWD

Ok bro I will try it please tell me what to do. However, I need more information about this (Burbble tune) dose it appeared when P/N or when high RPM ?
    because I prefer it in both situations,

Please tell me if you need more information

i am waiting your response as soon as possible .
    In reply to Homer, My old tune was very aggressive and I found a better way to do this. (actually two)

Kemoo557, The "Burbble" is in park/Neutral, as well as driving and occationally high RPM. Since its an auto its harder to control when it will happen. I have gotten a fairly consistent "burble" when below 3k since the auto will shift into that range. Since DFCO is enabled, It will happen after letting off within a range until the fueling cutsoff, so it wont keep doing it. If you would like a video I can post one before you decide if you want this?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AVMPerformance View Post
    In reply to Homer, My old tune was very aggressive and I found a better way to do this. (actually two)

Kemoo557, The "Burbble" is in park/Neutral, as well as driving and occationally high RPM. Since its an auto its harder to control when it will happen. I have gotten a fairly consistent "burble" when below 3k since the auto will shift into that range. Since DFCO is enabled, It will happen after letting off within a range until the fueling cutsoff, so it wont keep doing it. If you would like a video I can post one before you decide if you want this?
    Thank you for your interest,

actually, it is much better to send me the video to decide

also, the tune "Burbble" or any tune for backfire will effect to the engine ?
    Last edited by kemoo557; 11-01-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kemoo557 View Post
    Thank you for your interest,

actually, it is much better to send me the video to decide

also, the tune "Burbble" or any tune for backfire will effect to the engine ?
    One of my friends stated that he was enjoying the sound of the backfire tune on his pentastar, then the engine went ?poof? and brock a piston.

Me on the other hand, i did not face any issue with it, i ran it for a hole year on my pentastar, and know i am running it on my 6.1 based 426 with no problems.

So, based on my friend experience, i think anymore than negative 37 degrees of spark timing, might have an affect on a 3.6l v6 pentastar.

Tuner in Training
    What are the 2 ways you came up with? ive been trying to figure it out and cant lol still very new to tuning.

Potential Tuner
    Do you still have that pentastar tune? I've tried everything for a backfire tune but the rpms keep hanging on decel

Potential Tuner
    AVM how are you getting it in park and neautral ? Mine is insane in drive. Crackles. Bangs. Big bangs. Lots of fire.

2012 6.4 srt witg magnusson blower & full corsa exhaust. I did a couple 5.7?s same way I did mine and they pop in park / neautral but mine won?t. I can?t figure it out and it?s bothering me. I want it in park aswell !!!