Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning causing P2138 throttle body code? or cooincidence?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    still driving. still no issue. it has only happened right after tuning. the day i posted this, it would code out within 4 seconds of key on or code clearing. every time. only when i reset battery, did it go away. and stayed that way until i flashed again. then i reset again, and touched nothing. been fine ever since. couple hundred miles so far.
    That is good news then, lets hope it stays that way!

Quote Originally Posted by cadillactech View Post
    That is good news then, lets hope it stays that way!
    me too . but i also dont like mysteries like this.

Potential Tuner
    Thought I would try this old thread before I started a new one. Maybe someone will see it. I too am having issues with the P2138 code, but I don?t think for the same reasons everyone else is. I have a 1969 C10 with an L92/6l80 combo. ECM/TCM, pedal are all from an 08 Escalade. The ECM was purchased as a used one from PCM of NC, and they programmed it for me. The wiring harness is from wiring specialties. I started getting the code several months back. I ohmed all the wires, everything checked out good. I spoke to the tech department at wiring specialties, and they said they had run into the issue as well. And the only way they were able to fix it was to start over with a brand new computer because sometimes old ECM?s don?t like having a different OS being programmed in. So I took this information to PCM of NC, and they offered to send me another ECM, just to see what would happen. And to our surprise, it fixed the problem??for a while at least. Now it?s doing it again. All this seems odd to me, because the part number is the correct one for the ECM, so even with it being a used one, it should still be compatible with the OS that?s programmed in. But, since it seemed to solve the issue for a while, it makes me think that maybe there?s something to what wiring specialties said. I would like to see if anyone has some insight on this before I spend $300 purchasing and programming a new ECM. Because if I do, and it doesn?t fix the problem, I will be very upset. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tinroof View Post
    but I don?t think for the same reasons everyone else is.
    So start a new thread with this new, unrelated problem, and attach your tune file in the ECM when the problem happens, and a log file showing it happen, like you have to do with anything like this where you want a chance at real answers instead of vague guessing and 2 weeks of playing 20 Questions.