Thread: Engine side tuning L83

Potential Tuner

Engine side tuning L83

Have a 2015 GMC Sierra SLT. Have tuned the trans a good amount and that is running great. Previously took my truck to a tuner and he said he adjusted fuel trims for the headers, driver demand, and timing for 93. He didnt do a lot of things that i asked him to do on the trans side, so that makes me skeptical if he even did anything on the engine side. Wanted to see if anybody can suggest best ECM tuning to add to my L83 that has a oem non dod cam for performance and reliability. Tune attached below. 2015 GMC Sierra Beta.hpt
    Last edited by TSaleik29; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:39 AM. Reason: add a few words

Tuning Addict
    Post a log from a cold start with a 3 min idle, then drive, then hot idle. Hopefully that's short enough to post. Idles need to be with AC and heat off and in park. Most of the time what I see is those "OE" DOD delete cams aren't completely ground back "OE" once the lobe is changed for the DOD removal. This mainly causes colder temp fueling shifts that have to be corrected.

Make sure you're logging torque including 0 pedal, rpm, spark, trims, MAF Hz and airflow for VE and MAF at the minimum.
    Last edited by GHuggins; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:31 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC