Thread: Crown Victoria Manifold Tuning Help

Tuner in Training

Crown Victoria Manifold Tuning Help

Posted a while back, got some help but I think i stared wrong. Factory intake manifold is 9l. I switched to an edelbrock intake manifold specs unknown ive called edelbrock and they cant give me volume spec on the intake manifold. So ive been changing the manifold volume on the stock tune to get a better base line. Any help or suggestions is appreciated posting oem file along with the modified file and some logs one log is with an egr leak the new logs are with egr leak fixed car does have custom shorty headers along with bigger fuel pump 24-05-25 19-48-27.hpl2007oemfile.hptoemlog.hploemlog2.hplmanifoldv1.hpt3.0lmani.hpl

Tuner in Training
    I'm no expert but I thought Manifold Volume was more or less a global multiplier for transient fueling at least on the older cars (most of my tuning was on fox/03 Cobra). I think you just adjust the value to get the transient fueling you want its not done by actually physically measuring the volume, at least thats not how most people do it.

Tuner in Training
    I did a few logs and the cars bogging out a sent the log to a tuner and he said at full throttle the car goes into a decent amount of vacuum and it's pulling alot of timing the factory setting have it at 9l the Edelbrock intake manifold is way smaller probably about a 1/3rd of the also of the OEM one Illooked at a few files and all have different volumes depending on intake manifold. Cars expecting a certain amount of air in and it's just trying to compensate for the remaining air it's not seeing can post a stock file log