Thread: problem of reconstitution of the stock tune and activation of Flexfuel without sensor

Potential Tuner

problem of reconstitution of the stock tune and activation of Flexfuel without sensor

Hi, I work on a 2015 Camaro SS (2014 model).
    The PCM has been strangely modified by a previous owner (e.g. adding burble but without DFCO modification)
    I'm having trouble reconstituting the original tune. The closest I could find in the tune repository is a 2010 tune camaro. I was surprised by the year difference.
    Can someone familiar with Camaros tell me if my corrections are correct?
    (I have also removed the torque limitations.)

In addition I want to activate the flexfuel without sensor (we drive a lot on E85 in France) I searched quite a bit, looked at the different tabs, I think I did it correctly but the same, if someone could tell me if am I good?

I attach the tune found in the pcm (tune read) and the one that I redid and modified (new tune)

Thank you in advance for your help.

'Virtual' flexfuel without the sensor does not work very well even in completely stock unmodified brand-new vehicles. Not recommended.

Potential Tuner
    Ok, I see thread about the virtual flexfuel which is not very good on gm.
    But is there error in my tune if we don't look about flexfuel tables ? I can't reach to find a stock tune for this car.

Tuner in Training
    I have a 2012 and 2016 camaro file. (Believe they are from the repository)
    They both have flex fuel disabled. The 2016 looks to be a different OS.

2012camaroa6.hpt
    2016camaro6.2auto.hpt

I thought there was some way to add a physical sensor?
    I have a 2012 Tahoe that seems to adapt to e85 and back without any noticeable issues so far.. (virtual sensor)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mikez71 View Post
    I have a 2012 and 2016 camaro file. (Believe they are from the repository)
    They both have flex fuel disabled. The 2016 looks to be a different OS.

2012camaroa6.hpt
    2016camaro6.2auto.hpt

I thought there was some way to add a physical sensor?
    I have a 2012 Tahoe that seems to adapt to e85 and back without any noticeable issues so far.. (virtual sensor)
    Thanks
    Have you the file of your Tahoe to compare with mine ? (To Check if I don't miss something lol)

Turn all the flex fuel stuff off. Here is a 2013 file you can compare too, should be pretty close to what your car had stock.

If you want to run flex fuel get this kit.
    https://dsxtuning.com/collections/fl...-camaro-ss-1le
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Senior Tuner
    Have you looked on the tune repository for a stock file?

I'm fairly certain I would have one. You might have a export OS though compared to what I see here in the states.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Have you looked on the tune repository for a stock file?

I'm fairly certain I would have one. You might have a export OS though compared to what I see here in the states.
    I think it's very possible, maybe an European Version, that why I can't find a similar tune on the repository.

I just find recently a 2013 tune on the Hptuner forum that look similar.

I'm surprised by the rich/lean vs airflow table (oxygen sensor tab, ecm 12530 and 12531) with is often populated by all 450 values on tube found on repository and mine have value from 61 to 328....

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    Turn all the flex fuel stuff off. Here is a 2013 file you can compare too, should be pretty close to what your car had stock.

If you want to run flex fuel get this kit.
    https://dsxtuning.com/collections/fl...-camaro-ss-1le
    Thanks for the link but it's for a friend who prefer flexfuel tune without sensor or a full e85 tune.

And with delivery and tax, the price is around twice once arrived in France....

Quote Originally Posted by droops_18 View Post
    Thanks for the link but it's for a friend who prefer flexfuel tune without sensor or a full e85 tune.

And with delivery and tax, the price is around twice once arrived in France....
    There is no reason to not to use the sensor. Even at double the price it's worth it.

If he wants to do flex only just switch stoich table completely to e80 or whatever % you guys have. Don't use any flex fuel stuff and tune it like it's on gas. Just remember when the content percentages change the tune will go off. I have ran straight e85 tunes and would tune lambda on the highest content so if I got less it would run a bit richer.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    There is no reason to not to use the sensor. Even at double the price it's worth it.

If he wants to do flex only just switch stoich table completely to e80 or whatever % you guys have. Don't use any flex fuel stuff and tune it like it's on gas. Just remember when the content percentages change the tune will go off. I have ran straight e85 tunes and would tune lambda on the highest content so if I got less it would run a bit richer.
    Ii know I've this solution, that what I've made on my Chrysler and ram 5,7L which have no flexfuel capabilities before 2015