Thread: Base C5 tune needed

Tuner in Training

Base C5 tune needed

Can anyone send me a base C5 tune with the EGR turn ON? I wired my wideband into my PCMs EGR slot before I realized my MPVI3 can't turn on the EGR, someone with an older version of HP Tuners apparently still has access to this function though. I have a 2001 C5 M6 with just long tubes right now.
    Last edited by tylervalo; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:09 PM.

If you post your tune here, someone might be willing to turn it on for you.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If you post your tune here, someone might be willing to turn it on for you.
    I'm not sure if that will work, I've tried opening my base tune on an older version of HP Tuners (4.0 and 4.2) and it won't open since I exported it with a later version, but I'll add my current file.MAF+SD_Tuned.hpt

I can see the EGR table but I can't do it as I'm still using a MPVI 1, I know a few guys on here can do it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by tylervalo View Post
    Can anyone send me a base C5 tune with the EGR turn ON? I wired my wideband into my PCMs EGR slot before I realized my MPVI3 can't turn on the EGR, someone with an older version of HP Tuners apparently still has access to this function though. I have a 2001 C5 M6 with just long tubes right now.
    You can find stock tune in the tuning repository.

Senior Tuner
    EGR isn't an option on Corvettes, so a stock tune won't be useful.

Tuner in Training
    It didn't have an EGR but the option was there. CorvetteForum and HP Tuners forum has several tutorials on how to connect a wideband to the EGR PCM pin, HP Tuners just disabled it in their later releases apparently.
    https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-tuners-6.html

Tuner in Training
    That file didn't work. I wrote the tune, connected my wideband to the EGR pin I had ran but I have no voltage reading when I start the car.

Advanced Tuner

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
    What did you do?! It works!

Advanced Tuner
    Old version of the software before they removed the EGR master toggle, or user defined parameters, either works.

That file didn't work. I wrote the tune, connected my wideband to the EGR pin I had ran but I have no voltage reading when I start the car.
    Sorry. Usually converting the file to a bin, changing it in tunerpro, then converting it back to hpt works. I may have used a sketchy xdf.

I have my WB connected to the EGR as well. There was a clear step by step video in youtube made by LowbuckLS, that I followed when did mine. You also need to add the EGR channel in your scanner to get the voltage.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 68camaroLS6 View Post
    I have my WB connected to the EGR as well. There was a clear step by step video in youtube made by LowbuckLS, that I followed when did mine. You also need to add the EGR channel in your scanner to get the voltage.
    Thank you, yeah i did have all the channels and graphs setup already I just couldn't get the EGR turned on to get the PCM reporting any voltage.