Thread: bolt on f150 2018 Fueling issues

bolt on f150 2018 Fueling issues

Hello Guys i was trying to tune Bolt ons 2018 f150 5.0 10R80

the mods is : 2m fab LTH , Y pipe , Pmas Cai

i see the STFT in both banks is all over the place what ever i did adjustment to clean the curve there it didn't get better so much

plying in DI settings , FAOSC , spark adder , Spark Base Natural ...etc

nothing makes this thing happy, also in first WOT she hit the exhaust temp enrich and riching up the lambda down to .79

after that i raised the ( flange OT temp enable and disable ) in all exhaust protection tables , thankfully it's fixed in second WOT pull and didn't hit the Exhaust temp enrich

but the STFT 1 - STFT 2 is still all over the place

what i'm missing here ?
    Last edited by voodoo tuner; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:14 PM.

Is because this truck has a Baro fitted stock on it that it need different Fueling tables setup than a truck that has no Baro fitted on it ?

What i’m missing here ?

I know those trucks comes with or without Baro fitted into it

Is there any difference i should be aware with ?

Baro is inferred in those cars.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Baro is inferred in those cars.
    Some of them comes with Baro equipped and some of them not equipped, is this will make any specific changes that has to be made if it’s BARO equipped or if not ?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo tuner View Post
    Some of them comes with Baro equipped and some of them not equipped, is this will make any specific changes that has to be made if it’s BARO equipped or if not ?
    I know some whipple cals have baro but never really confirmend - try to find a physical sensor in your car.

I know some whipple cals have baro but never really confirmend - try to find a physical sensor in your car.
    It comes fitted in the stock tune , and as i know from elite tuning course , they said “some of them comes with Baro fitted stock “ , I don’t want to but all the focus now in Baro i need to know what’s causing the Fueling Trims to act funky

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo tuner View Post
    It comes fitted in the stock tune , and as i know from elite tuning course , they said “some of them comes with Baro fitted stock “ , I don’t want to but all the focus now in Baro i need to know what’s causing the Fueling Trims to act funky
    They say so but someone ever seen an actual baro sensor? Not really. BTW whats elite tuning course? Never heard of it.

When we were doing 3 gen swaps into 2 gen we got baro circuit DTCs - searched entire 2018 mustang that was stock, studied diagrams and never really found any baro sensor. To my understanding this is always inferred but not by PCM itself. Might be a CAN frame from ACC panel or something else... the frame that is inferred nonetheless.

They say so but someone ever seen an actual baro sensor? Not really. BTW whats elite tuning course? Never heard of it.

When we were doing 3 gen swaps into 2 gen we got baro circuit DTCs - searched entire 2018 mustang that was stock, studied diagrams and never really found any baro sensor. To my understanding this is always inferred but not by PCM itself. Might be a CAN frame from ACC panel or something else... the frame that is inferred nonetheless.
    Those trucks comes stock with different things for example even the OS control is different , i have Tuned two exact Trucks in same Year and Specs and there’s a difference in the OS control, 1 of them shows my the IPC wheel Torque Error PID in Scanner and the other truck is blanking this PID with so many important PID’s

I’m more specialized in Mustang Tuning this is the First time i get into F150’s world as they’re MAP inference to tune it

So i took a class with Elite Tuning School to learn more about tuning those trucks

Attached their course

https://www.elitetunedschool.com/courses/gen3f150coyote

Long story short i have study the Logs and i see the STFT 2 is all over the place

Load the Stock tune to the Truck and the same issue is there

I will inspect more if there’s no exhaust leaks anywhere or faulty o2 sensor

Issue has been fixed it was faulty Driver side upstream o2 sensor

Truck runs perfect now and I manage to tune it

guys i have a question i have tuned another truck with the same exact model and year and mods , when i connect it to the VCM scanner there's a lot of very important PID's is missing

tried to do add the User OS in the Vehicle profile but the OS i found is this JL3A-14C204-CRH the same OS is in VCM scanner before and no success the PID's is still missing

tried to add multiple User OS i found in the internet , the PIDs shows up finally but it reads funky numbers

how i can fix this ?
    Attached Images Attached Images