Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EEC-V Support

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrill View Post
    Thank you,

So you could tune this and flash it back to the ECU and overwrite REAC4?
    You could yes, but the file I posted has no VID info, so it would wipe that and cause problems. I will get REAC4 added so you can read what you have.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    You could yes, but the file I posted has no VID info, so it would wipe that and cause problems. I will get REAC4 added so you can read what you have.
    Excellent Thank You.

Senior Tuner
    I just pulled the tune for a 2000 F-150 5.4. The tune read out fine, but Editor won't open it. Definition Failed to Load. I'm on latest version of Beta with MPVI 2+.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    My assumption is that these are only going to work with an MPVI3... maybe that is the issue?

Potential Tuner
    Realize these are dinosaurs at this point, but for the 99-04 mustangs, will the other strategies continue to be updated with additional parameters?

Currently tuning RVAFA but the definition does not have some of the finer dashpot scalars/tables or idle spark tables that I see on a FGBI0 read. I looked through a couple other 99 04 reads - CVAF1, CVAE6, RVAF3, RYAF1, FBFG2, RYBE2, but all appeared to have the same/similar parameters as the RVAFA I'm working on. Also, fwiw, the HPT max allowed MAF airflow vs. voltage input value on the RVAFA strategy is 458 lb/min

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by geor9731 View Post
    My assumption is that these are only going to work with an MPVI3... maybe that is the issue?
    It does not work with my MPVI 3 either.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel302 View Post
    Realize these are dinosaurs at this point, but for the 99-04 mustangs, will the other strategies continue to be updated with additional parameters?

Currently tuning RVAFA but the definition does not have some of the finer dashpot scalars/tables or idle spark tables that I see on a FGBI0 read. I looked through a couple other 99 04 reads - CVAF1, CVAE6, RVAF3, RYAF1, FBFG2, RYBE2, but all appeared to have the same/similar parameters as the RVAFA I'm working on. Also, fwiw, the HPT max allowed MAF airflow vs. voltage input value on the RVAFA strategy is 458 lb/min
    Well if you just looked, I did a big update on FBGI0 that hasnt made it into the other ones yet, but gimme a few days.

Idle Spark tables were only in the later OS's, the rest just use idle spark gain (which I may have to add, I'll have to look)

On the slower EECs, they did not have the 64#/min airflow limit the later ones have.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

It does not work with my MPVI 3 either.
    Well do you have the EEC-V firmware and latest beta?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Well do you have the EEC-V firmware and latest beta?
    Do you have to open a support ticket to get the EEC-V specific firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by geor9731 View Post
    Do you have to open a support ticket to get the EEC-V specific firmware?
    You can send me your serial and First and Last name via PM here.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Well if you just looked, I did a big update on FBGI0 that hasnt made it into the other ones yet, but gimme a few days.

Idle Spark tables were only in the later OS's, the rest just use idle spark gain (which I may have to add, I'll have to look)

On the slower EECs, they did not have the 64#/min airflow limit the later ones have.
    Cool man, appreciate the reply. Just downloaded the lasted beta and looked at the FGBI0 read I have, NICE updates. No Idle Spark Gain in this RVAFA, but thank you guys for continuing to update the defs on these old EECs. I've spent more time with the 03 04 cobra strategies where the 64#/min clip was prevalent, had no idea that wasn't a catch all limit for all 99-04 EECs, so thanks for that bit of knowledge as well!

Cool man, appreciate the reply. Just downloaded the lasted beta and looked at the FGBI0 read I have, NICE updates. No Idle Spark Gain in this RVAFA, but thank you guys for continuing to update the defs on these old EECs. I've spent more time with the 03 04 cobra strategies where the 64#/min clip was prevalent, had no idea that wasn't a catch all limit for all 99-04 EECs, so thanks for that bit of knowledge as well!
    Yeah, so the limit is caused from how the transfer function values are converted from hex. For the airflow on the 03-04 Cobra, its a 2 byte unsigned value. so FFFF converted to decimal is 65535. Its then divided by 1024, making FFFF = 63.9999.

Old the older EECs, airflow was not done in #/min, but rather #mass per clocktick of the CPU. We do the math in the background based on what the processor speed is its, so we can display it in #/min. At any rate, the scaling for it is much different than the 1024 value in the Cobras and other late model EEC-Vs. So depending on what the processor speed is, you get a different value for the max airflow.

This clocktick thing is a pain in the ass to deal with. This is why we don't have Pulsewidth in the scanner yet. I'm still working out the math. The ECU reports pulsewidth per clocktick, which I could add, but its no easy for you guys and I like to make it as easy as possible.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Check RVAFA now. I updated a chunk of them just now. CVAF1, RVAF1, RVAFA, RVAFB

Also pretty sure I got pulsewidth logging going, just have to check in my fix.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Check RVAFA now. I updated a chunk of them just now. CVAF1, RVAF1, RVAFA, RVAFB

Also pretty sure I got pulsewidth logging going, just have to check in my fix.
    MY MAN!!!! BEAUTIFUL. These additional idle spark and dashpot parameters should help me get this POS to idle happily below 1k with these cams. I see some other new parameters as well. Much appreciated, thank you . Now to go out and bug the neighbors with test and tune...

MY MAN!!!! BEAUTIFUL. These additional idle spark and dashpot parameters should help me get this POS to idle happily below 1k with these cams. I see some other new parameters as well. Much appreciated, thank you . Now to go out and bug the neighbors with test and tune...
    Will have all the Mustangs updated today. Maybe all the EECs I've mapped so far.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Latest beta has Injector Pulsewidth added. Pick the channel that matches your EEC speed, and it will work. If you have it and RPM logging, it will calculate Inj DC in the chart.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Will have all the Mustangs updated today. Maybe all the EECs I've mapped so far.
    YES, got dashpot clip vs RPM in this beta release. I need to upgrade to MPVI3 to give the scanner another try. Thanks Eric.

ERIC@hptuners

Will you have support soon for the 1999 to 2001 5.0 explorer EQE3? I saw that you have definitions done for explorer 5.0
    REAC3 and REAC4 are both now supported.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    I just pulled the tune for a 2000 F-150 5.4. The tune read out fine, but Editor won't open it. Definition Failed to Load. I'm on latest version of Beta with MPVI 2+.
    Latest beta will support this one.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Senior Tuner
    I re-read, and now I feel dumb because I missed the part at the beginning of the thread about this being for MPVI 3 exclusively.