Thread: Single turbo 2018 f150 5.0

Potential Tuner

Single turbo 2018 f150 5.0

Building a turbo set up in the truck.
    will be getting a professional remote tune done when its running and leak checked and everything is finalized but im trying to just get it running and moving first.
    what parameters will i need to change to make it read from a 3.5 ecoboost map sensor? im using this sensor because its the one that comes with the on3 kit
    ive got the injector data inputted and itll run and idle but before taking it for a drive ill need to make the changes for the boosted map sensor

You better start with professional remote tune and learn on a good base. Learning completely fresh on boosted coyote...is asking for trouble.

Potential Tuner
    not going to be doing passes on it just need it running and driving

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespatrickdj View Post
    not going to be doing passes on it just need it running and driving
    probably a bosch 3 bar. What are the 10 digit number on it?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    You better start with professional remote tune and learn on a good base. Learning completely fresh on boosted coyote...is asking for trouble.

Truth

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ishyne22 View Post
    probably a bosch 3 bar. What are the 10 digit number on it?
    once you know exactly what sensor you have you will have to plug in the MAP slope and offset data as well as throttle inlet pressure slope and offset. Your remote tuner should be providing a base file to get started with.

Potential Tuner
    thanks alot ishyne22 i found the map slope and stole the data from a stock ecoboost tune. as far as the tip sensor goes i dont see that sensor as a value on the 5.0 tune but i do see it on the 3.5 ecoboost file so im assuming that it is not a sensor that exists on the 5.0