Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuning help

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Here's the setup with injector data. For it to be valid you need to set pressure to 58psi. Setting is done with the vacuum line disconnected in case you didn't know. Reconnect after it's set.

I bumped up MAF down low because it'll run leaner now with the correct settings. Keep RPM's below 3500 for now in order to get the curve close. Stay out of boost. Slow pedal movements.

After loading the tune use VCM Scanner>Vehicle Controls & Special functions to clear LTFT.
    Thank you very much.
    As soon as I put together the other car in the garage I can get this one in to change the FP and load the tune. Unfortunately the FPR is underneath the car and barely have access when on ramps.

Here's the setup with injector data. For it to be valid you need to set pressure to 58psi. Setting is done with the vacuum line disconnected in case you didn't know. Reconnect after it's set.

I bumped up MAF down low because it'll run leaner now with the correct settings. Keep RPM's below 3500 for now in order to get the curve close. Stay out of boost. Slow pedal movements.

After loading the tune use VCM Scanner>Vehicle Controls & Special functions to clear LTFT.
    I set my FP for the 58psi and took a ride mostly under 3,500 rpm. The fueling looked pretty decent when getting mild boost (looked like it was rich with no load) so I kept increasing the rpm a little. There seemed to be no knock, so I started to do some pulls getting into boost. There was still no knock, and fueling still looked good so I went WOT and it seems to be running well. I don't know if maybe you'll see something I don't in the log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Fueling was pretty far off. It'll be better now. Again, clear LTFT's. Get a log then we can look at adjusting other stuff with more accurate fuel trims.

Come up in rpm and load on this one.

Need some sort of wideband feedback. Do you have one installed and wired to be logged?

Start logging cylinder airmass.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 1 Week Ago at 08:52 PM.

Fueling was pretty far off. It'll be better now. Again, clear LTFT's. Get a log then we can look at adjusting other stuff with more accurate fuel trims.

Need some sort of wideband feedback. Do you have one installed and wired to be logged?

Was the fueling off just down low, or all throughout?

I believe my AFR gauge came with a cable, but I have to look for where it went after the move.

How do I get it to log cylinder air mass?

Now I'm really confused...lol.

I took a look at the adjustments you made and compared it to my log. It's showing LTFT was calling for about 3% more fuel in the 7,000 - 8,500 Hz range but it looks like you added 5-8% and down at 5,500 and under it was trying to pull out 13 - 22% but you only removed about 2 - 6%.

What am I getting wrong on looking at this?

Senior Tuner
    No I removed a lot more than that down low - around 15-20%. As far as up top I added 5-8% with it calling for 3% because of the low number of counts. STFT isn't immediately on the money. It was on its way up.

MAF 1_2.png

Log the new tune you'll see.

No I removed a lot more than that down low - around 15-20%. As far as up top I added 5-8% with it calling for 3% because of the low number of counts. STFT isn't immediately on the money. It was on its way up.

MAF 1_2.png

Log the new tune you'll see.
    Did you adjust the fuel somewhere else other than the MAF table?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBOGNX View Post
    Did you adjust the fuel somewhere else other than the MAF table?
    You can use the compare file function to see what he changed. Open his file and the previous file and the editor will show you the difference.

Senior Tuner
    Right use Compare>Open Compare File. There's also Compare>View Comparison Log. All I changed was MAF and shift time. For example, 3000Hz was 97.3 lb/hr now it's 75.2. 6% would be 91.8.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 1 Week Ago at 07:42 PM.

Right use Compare>Open Compare File. There's also Compare>View Comparison Log. All I changed was MAF and shift time. For example, 3000Hz was 97.3 lb/hr now it's 75.2. 6% would be 91.8.
    How do you figure out if the shift timing needs to be adjusted?

Senior Tuner
    It was too short just by the numbers in the table.

It was too short just by the numbers in the table.
    T
    hat's where I'm lost, I don't understand what half of this stuff does or how to figure out if it needs to be changed.

Senior Tuner
    I just know it from having owned a couple 3800 cars.

Here is the data log on the newest tune.

Senior Tuner
    See? Lot better trims. This log be sure to include Cylinder Airmass so that spark can be mapped then adjusted. Wideband feedback would be great to verify PE/boost fueling.

See? Lot better trims. This log be sure to include Cylinder Airmass so that spark can be mapped then adjusted. Wideband feedback would be great to verify PE/boost fueling.
    How do I get it to log cylinder airmass?

Also, I found that I had already ran the cable from my AEM 03-300 through the center console, but.......it ends in just bare wires. How do I go about getting HPTuners to see it? The Pro link they sell looks like it has a connector that doesn't fit my HPTuners or my laptop.
    Last edited by TURBOGNX; 1 Week Ago at 07:32 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Right click the channels list then Add Channel.

For the wideband you can send analog out through a sensor like the A/C Pressure transducer or EGR position. Another option is to wire it to serial and use a serial-usb adapter. The AEM manual will show you the wiring diagram.

Here is the data log from the updated tune_3.

Senior Tuner
    About all that can safely be done without cylair and wideband.

I just got back from doing a run on tune_3 with AFR. I looked in the channels and cylinder airmass isn't listed.

I was able to add a chart with cylinder arimass that is reading in grams.
    Last edited by TURBOGNX; 1 Week Ago at 05:17 PM.