Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Any tune basics for the 65RFE ?

byte lowrange = (DAT_600026d5 & 0x20) != 0;

^^^^^^^^^^^^

an 8 bit flag array changes status for shift lever position, tow/haul mode selected or not, etc

the entire ngc4 is transmission on the 2007.5-2009 68RFE, the engine in in the cm2100

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P 2.0 View Post
    byte lowrange = (DAT_600026d5 & 0x20) != 0;

^^^^^^^^^^^^

an 8 bit flag array changes status for shift lever position, tow/haul mode selected or not, etc
    0x00 = Tow/Haul Mode Selected
    0x01 =
    0x02 =
    0x04 =
    0x08 = ERS enabled below 6th gear
    0x10 =
    0x20 = Low Range Selected
    0x40 =
    0x80 = Normal Mode

Tuner in Training
    Wow! Is logging these addresses is a standart function of the controller, or do you have a modified one to send them through CAN?

monitoring through j1939

Tuner in Training
    0x00 = Tow/Haul Mode Selected
    0x01 =
    0x02 =
    0x04 =
    0x08 = ERS enabled below 6th gear
    0x10 =
    0x20 = Low Range Selected
    0x40 =
    0x80 = Normal Mode
    This was one missing puzzle.

Senior Tuner
    where is winter?

Quote Originally Posted by 10le View Post
    This was one missing puzzle.
    I don’t really have the time available to work on it like I would like to, be lucky to get a few hours a week on it.

Tuner in Training
    Same with me. It is a hobby, not a job.

Tuner in Training
    2ndgear.JPG
    Attachment 148262

Attachment 148261

Hoy together

Did try to do some comparison in 2nd gear between normal and Tow/Haul (see attachment):

Take care: shaftspeed is output shaft, NOT turbine speed (which is used in the maps)! --> easier comparsion with shift schedule

Abbreviation list:
    PL= Unlock to Partial Lock
    FtP= Full Lock to Partial Lock
    PtF= Partial Lock to Full Lock
    UL= Unlock
    TH= Tow/Haul

The crossing at 26? TPS ist really crazy
    For normal modus PL and PtF are at the same line (what???)

Missing information in the chart is: Partial TCC Apply, did not understand this information; for me it looks like an ordinary threshold; below: TCC apply is not allowed; above it is enabled.

Next target: ToDo the same analysis for the other gears.

Servus
    10le

Your attachments don’t work. Also Throttle Angle is actually used in shift and lockup tables as well where every platform labels it as a percent other than EZLynk. Shift tables use output shaft speed while lockup tables use turbine speed. On upshift tables x throttle angle and above x output shaft speed an upshift is allowed to occur. Same goes for lockup tables. Nothing complicated about any of that stuff
    Last edited by Jim P 2.0; 1 Day Ago at 11:12 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Your attachments don?t work. Also Throttle Angle is actually used in shift and lockup tables as well where every platform labels it as a percent other than EZLynk. Shift tables use output shaft speed while lockup tables use turbine speed. On upshift tables x throttle angle and above x output shaft speed an upshift is allowed to occur. Same goes for lockup tables. Nothing complicated about any of that stuff

Sry, that you can not see the attachment.

Is there an alternative way to upload?

You are right. There is nothing special about. I only see the working together of TCC Apply and Shift schedule as a little challange. This is why I created this excel.

Servus
    10le

Excel sheet isn’t practical for lockup schedules due to turbine slip while unlocked and when in partial lockup it’s pulsewidth modulated to reduce slip before full lockup to soften the transition.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadias48 View Post
    Figured it out. I kept hitting the tcc lock right before the 2-3 shift I just raised the apply speed to 2200+ and it solved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadias48 View Post
    so I ran into another problem the converter is locking up between 2-3 shift causing a bad surge/lunge feeling. I'll revise that and move forward. besides that everything feels great.
    I know this post was years ago, but does anyone have any idea what tables Tadias was changing to 2200+ to stop the surging between shifts?

I am running into the same issue but not exactly sure where to apply the change.

Senior Tuner
    46585 needs to be lowered about 100 rpm

and 46576 needs to be completely re done below 3900
    [email protected]

don tanklage