Thread: Camaro does not want to start once it is warm

Tuner in Training

Camaro does not want to start once it is warm

I have a 2002 Camaro with a cam and the car does not want to start when it is warm and has been sitting for a while usually when the IAT is high. On cold start is fires up great thought and when IAT is cooler. I do have where the car isn't going off MAF so I can figure out the VE table. What should I do, thank you in advance.not wanting to start.hplnot wanting to start 2.hpl ReStartUp VE Tune42 61624_SD.hpt

Senior Tuner
    I mean it could be a couple things, uh, but I'm wondering why you goatse'd your High Octane spark table.

goatse lol.png

Tuner in Training
    Im struggling there as well obviously lol, i was getting knock retard on my logs in those dips

Senior Tuner
    VE could use a little more work down low. I'd try restoring the factory Cranking VE table then multiplying the whole thing by 0.6. What are your IAC counts like?

Fix the P0106 table for that particular DTC then clear it.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 1 Week Ago at 10:25 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I don't know on the IAC counts but I will get it tomorrow and on the P0106 table I need to increase the amount of max pressure correct?

Senior Tuner
    Yeah on the lower end. Look at the table and look at your log. RPM vs MAP. It's easy to see at idle. You can max it out if you don't want the ECU running that sanity check, but I like to keep it at least ish.

Senior Tuner
    It would be good to know what the IAC position is while you are trying to start.

Does it have aftermarket rails/ anyting odd with lines? Had one last week that was vaporlocking.. Fuel pressure would go 85+ psi when you parked and went into the gas station for instance.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    This is a log from a cold start and idling until it was up to temp when it got to temp it looked like the IAC count was 140 ish.

The car has a complete stock fuel system and intake set up.
    ReStartUp VE Tune43 61824_SD.hpt
    IDLE UP TO TEMP.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Alright. Now do a hot start again.

Senior Tuner
    140 is way to high. You need to adjust your throttle body.

https://www.pcmofnc.com/2021/03/05/i...throttle-body/
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Here are 2 different logs of it starting one I had to restart it and the other it started but it struggled... A/C was on for both of these which makes it worse it seems

rough starting.hpl
    didnt start first try.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    140 is way to high. You need to adjust your throttle body.

https://www.pcmofnc.com/2021/03/05/i...throttle-body/
    would you suggest enlarging the throttle body hole or adjusting the throttle body stop?

Senior Tuner
    The decision to make the hole larger or adjust the stop is in the instructions. See the part about TPS voltage?

Another contributing factor is VE. It needs some work for sure.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thank you very much I will do some tweaking and more research off of what you guys have said hopefully I can figure it out