Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tuning help

Senior Tuner
    Alright yeah then I based cylair calcs on MAF. Serial wideband I see.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Under normal shift timing I see you made a lot of changes, but no changes under Performance which is nowhere near the normal chart. Is this the way it should be?

Here is a data log from tune_5 and the airmass chart.

Senior Tuner
    That's looking pretty good. How's it driving? Can fine tune now.

Yeah man 0-60 on those cars is 6.8 factory. You're down to 5.8.

One thing that would be helpful is to get quicker polling rate on scanner. Remove all those channels about knock sensor voltage and misfires. Remove MAF (freq error), Gear Selector Abuse, and Barometric Pressure.

I know you listed a couple upgrades. Still with the M90 blower? Gen 5 on that year IIRC. Pulley, ZZP cam, intercooler, shorties, etc?
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 6 Days Ago at 09:15 PM.

It seems to be driving way better, a lot smoother also.

Where were you able to see 0-60 time?

Yes, it still has the M90.

I have been planning to do the ZZPerfomance intercooler and smaller pulley but have put it off until getting it running correctly like it is.

Senior Tuner
    Should be it. Get a log to check.

Wouldn't go any higher on spark without an intercooler. If you get a smaller pulley watch cylinder airmass and adjust spark accordingly.

Watch MAP vs MAF, and you can see the engine is starting to run out of breath above 5000 rpm. Boost climbs, but MAF rate decreases. Cam and/or exhaust will help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Should be it. Get a log to check.

Wouldn't go any higher on spark without an intercooler. If you get a smaller pulley watch cylinder airmass and adjust spark accordingly.

Watch MAP vs MAF, and you can see the engine is starting to run out of breath above 5000 rpm. Boost climbs, but MAF rate decreases. Cam and/or exhaust will help with that.
    Here is the run for tune_6.