Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: getting knock under wot

Senior Tuner
    I'm not chasing timing numbers at risk of hammering the bearings or breaking a ring land without a dyno. Timing is pretty high, and I'm not going to push it. Safe reliable power. That's what I like. I don't do ragged edge drag tunes where people change motors out like tampons.

Sure. Then you'll flash back to stock OS. Copy tune tables over. Write one of the boost OS's.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 12 Hours Ago at 11:39 PM.

Tuner
    Yes sir, sounds good to me I'm not going to mess with it right now. I'm enjoying it just the way it is. I'm curious on how well its going to launch in 4wd but I don't want to break it yet. lol

Senior Tuner
    It'll handle it as long as you don't get wheel hop. Caltracs will help put the power to the pavement. Highly recommend.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by smasher View Post
    Yes sir, sounds good to me I'm not going to mess with it right now. I'm enjoying it just the way it is. I'm curious on how well its going to launch in 4wd but I don't want to break it yet. lol
    And don't mess with any of the e85 conversion/fuel blend/etc. until after you are happy with how your tune is dialed in and everything is working properly. Once you jump down that rabbit hole there are a lot of possible issues that can arise, and it is a lot easier to solve them when you know your base tune is solid. I have seen people cause extra problems before solving the original ones, and it always takes far longer to sort them out as a result.

Senior Tuner
    Exactly.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    It'll handle it as long as you don't get wheel hop. Caltracs will help put the power to the pavement. Highly recommend.
    It has them already and they are set appropriately. Thought about ditching them for a 3 link but will see one day

Senior Tuner
    Oh really? 408's man. What's it like driving that thing?

Tuner
    After you got me dialed in and got that traction issue fixed it’s been a blast.lol Comparing the file I started with from the local tuner and the one you did it seems there were so many wrong things done. How are these tuners still in business?
    Last edited by smasher; 11 Hours Ago at 12:33 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Good

Tuner
    another question... will the speed density tune still work well when the weather gets colder?

Advanced Tuner
    Sd works fine in any weather, with one major caveat. If you have the IAT sensor in the manifold, you are good, but if it is somewhere else in the intake tract, then the IAT vs ECT bias table may need adjusting.

Tuner
    I believe it's in the maf sensor.

Advanced Tuner
    Then there is a chance that the bias table will need some tweaking. Any difference will be more pronounced at lower airflow values such as idle and light cruising. As long as you are still running closed loop, the factory trims will easily adjust for this, and any differences will likely be negligible at higher airflows where you are in PE mode. If you find any of that bothersome, just log in various weather conditions and tweak the bias table as needed.

Idk if it does or not honestly. I see the Flex Fuel tab, but I can't verify everything works correctly. He'll need the sensor, of course. I see you found a file with the same OS and Flex, so I assume the segment swap is valid. I didn't see one on the repository for doing this.

Here's SD12 with 1 bar SDOS and the Flex changes you made. DTC's copied.

I used VIN editor to put the VIN back in.
    It looks like they used the 6125 OS with 8.1L trucks (flex fuel disabled) there are of 2002 8.1 HPT files. I think on my third one I found one with 4L80e and not an Alison. So it didn't need a segment swap as it started as a 4l80e.

Quote Originally Posted by smasher View Post
    if we can't see and can't change it why do we write entire? sorry for questions
    When you first read a vehicle it downloads everything. When you make changes it only uploads the calibration "file", no reason to upload the OS again. This speeds up making changes and is safer. When you switch an OS you of course have to upload the new one, and the new matching calibration file.

No, he copied it all over. Just saw he didn't do DTC's, so it's good now at the file above.

Ah, like this. I just checked and noticed the Stoich AFR table isn't setup for ethanol content. It is now.
    This is the first time I've done a move all changes. Lesson learn it doesn't change the DTCs!

I posted two files, one with no Flex fuel settings and fuel flex disabled (basically the 8.1's settings) and then a second HPT file with the flex fuel settings copied over from a stock 5.3. The 2002 seems to have less flex fuel options verse when I did this on my 2005, of course some of the setting are buried compare all, easy to miss one.

Quote Originally Posted by gametech View Post
    And don't mess with any of the e85 conversion/fuel blend/etc. until after you are happy with how your tune is dialed in and everything is working properly. Once you jump down that rabbit hole there are a lot of possible issues that can arise, and it is a lot easier to solve them when you know your base tune is solid. I have seen people cause extra problems before solving the original ones, and it always takes far longer to sort them out as a result.
    Agreed, I wouldn't enable flex fuel until the base tune is dialed in.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The flex fuel HPT files I posted were just to LOOK at, NOT TO USE.
    Last edited by DodgeZ; 3 Hours Ago at 07:50 AM.

What kind of transfer case is in this truck?

Tuner
    Np246