Thread: 6.0 to 4.8?

Tuner in Training

6.0 to 4.8?

I need to put a stock 4.8 tune in a pickup that currently has a 6.0 w/ tune. I went to the repository and downloaded a tune and changed the gear ratio and tire size but couldn't save it. what's the deal pickle?
    Nick

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Tuner in Training
    Do I just change the vin in the 4.8 tune to read the same vin as the 6.0 tune?
    Nick

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do. If I read this correctly, you are trying to put a 4.8L Engine tune into a 6.0L Engine PCM? That will not work. Please provide more info.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    the fella is taking the 6.0 motor out of the truck to put a stock 4.8 in and sell it.
    Nick

This is over my head. The PCMs may not be interchangable but you should check with someone who knows. Good luck.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    nevermind I just swapped over everything individualy/manualy and now I just need to put it in the truck. He put a stock 4.8 in the truck to sell it. before he had a 6.0 with a cam, headers, boltons, and a custom tune. all I did to the stock 4.8 tune was different tire size and gear ratio.
    Nick

If the truck came with a 4.8 there should be a stock file somewhere. If not GM Tech2 will flash it back to stock very nicely.
    Always Support Our Troops!