Thread: MAP sensor disconnected

Potential Tuner

MAP sensor disconnected

Hi there, i have a quick question, can anyone tell me if there would be a major long term issue with the MAP sensor not functioning on a H3? How does the MAP interact with other functions of the ECU? from what i previously understood the MAP is mainly used for cold start and idle control, is this correct?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    most fueling is referenced from map so yeah its pretty important to have it functioning.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    further to the last post, how easy is it to change the MAP sensor to a 2 bar sensor? is it just a case of modifying the scaling in the engine diagnostics>airflow tab?

Potential Tuner
    i had presumed that most of the fuelling was run off the MAF sensor, and then when reaching higher requirements it would dip into PE.
    If the ECU sensors that there is something wrong with the MAP sensor will it then just try unsing the MAF sensor?

Advanced Tuner
    The fueling and what not is referenced to the MAF sensor, but the ECU checks if the MAF is working by referencing the MAP sensor, with no MAP sensor, your MAF could fail, and either not know it's reading wrong and add fuel wrong, or go into limp mode I would believe. Also changing to a 2 bar map on a car without a MAF you just adjust the airflow tables in proportion (shifteds guide) but with a MAF I don't know, since the MAP sensor is only referenced. I would assume you would only want to change the VE table in proportioned to the map sensor, and leave the maf sensor (assuming it can read up to 2 bar or however high boost you run) tables alone, or modify once boosted. to get afr's right.

Sorry if it's confusing Just never touched a non boosted car with a MAF sensor, and also don't know what the H3's PCM looks like.
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon

Tuner
    Julex I am pretty sure the H3 uses the new MAP, Exhaust Angle, Intake Angle, RPM Constant based SD tuning.
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue

Advanced Tuner
    I'm only basing my explanation on that he said he had a MAF sensor in his above thread. Like I said my basis is assuming he has a 2bar MAF sensor already. But if he doesn't, then my response is worthless haha. Thanks Zinner.
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon

Potential Tuner
    Just to clarify, the H3 has both MAF and MAP. The MAP is the standard 1 bar sensor, which i had planned to replace today for a 2 bar sensor, but the supplier sent the wrong one! typical. Anyway, for now it seems ok, except we have a little bit of knock under full throttle (this is with the sensor out). Lambda is staying just where it should be until WOT when its a little rich, as planned. The biggest problem is that there is a very limited amount of tables that we have access to for this vehicle which makes resolving the issue quite difficult. My original question was aimed at trying to understand how the MAP is used by the H3 so that we could trace the cause, as with it in the Manifold it has issues, and when out it runs real nice!

Potential Tuner

H3

Will I have installed a turbo on my h3 and I am having the same issues as you are. The honda guys are using this to eliminate there problem. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SYNAP...QQcmdZViewItem
    I have'nt been able to find one that might work on our vehicle.