Thread: what tables affect tune when slowing down

Tuner in Training

what tables affect tune when slowing down

when i come to a stop from a roll the car wants to die and idle doesnt go above 600 rpm as soon as i let go of the brake idle jumps to about 1000 and everything returns to normal. what can i change to fix that?

Brake booster.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Brake booster.
    Are you kidding? My car has done the same thing since the very first day I made a change to my MAF table, so I always figured it was something in the tune that I needed to sort out. I never imagined a mechanical issue, since I also noticed my AFR going pig rich at the same time.

6speedterror, what is your A/F ratio doing during this decel period of time?
    Kipp
    2003 Z06 Blk/Blk/Torch Red
    2008 3/4T Duramax/Allison

Tuner in Training
    i just checked and when going to the stop it is at about 15 to 16 but when it hits about 1 mph it drops down to 11 then goes to 12 and stays there.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 6speedterror
    i just checked and when going to the stop it is at about 15 to 16 but when it hits about 1 mph it drops down to 11 then goes to 12 and stays there.
    Sounds about the same as mine.

I've been putting around this morning (while it is still cool out) trying to figure this out. Going back through my log files I noticed that it didn't start doing this until I starting tuning the MAF table. So, I made some changes to my histogram to filter out some more error. I upped the cell count required to 25 (from 15), then set up a filter to eliminate any input under 10% TPS to see what would happen. This made my lower frequency AFR error range in the MAF table more stable. I reflashed a couple of times using this new info and it has helped the AFR issue when coming to a stop. It didn't eliminate it, but it is a start.

Note that I didn't worry about the upper frequencies when tuning this time around, since those are all under 1% error on my tune anyway. This made it a lot easier to just drive a few miles on the streets, then reflash... repeat.

Maybe some of the seasoned experts can chime in and push us in the right direction if I'm going at this all wrong.

6speedterror, another question for you: do you have DFCO disabled? This will also cause a little unstability at those times
    Kipp
    2003 Z06 Blk/Blk/Torch Red
    2008 3/4T Duramax/Allison

Tuner in Training
    i havent messed with any of the dfco i had only been messing with the base running airflow but when i log stit it goes to 32 ingear and p/n it is good. i also opened up the blade to 3% and reset the tps. volts are at .64 well just got home from logging and i flashed it with a file i had made following the instuctions to tune ve on the help file on hptuners. it didnot do that anymore. what i did notice was that my a/f ration was at about 10.9 all the time i was accelerating and when i would let go of the gas it would go to 13.5 - 13.7.
    Last edited by 6speedterror; 04-19-2007 at 03:13 PM.