Thread: Tuning, My First Attempt. Check it out.

Tuning, My First Attempt. Check it out.

Well this was my first attempt at tuning my car and I have to thank Psyko and spaz for there contributions.

I cleared up my 10,5 afr rich problem. Now according to my WB O2 I am running WOT from 5500-7000 rpm in the Mid 11's then low 11's afr as the rpm range increases. Bill if you read this thanks for the hint about pe and cot. I close cot and played with th pe. Could you take a look at my logs. I ran five pulls and the results were pretty much the same. I have posted my tune and config file along with the Three pull logs. I would apreciate your opinion on my tune and any changes you think I might require or want to try.

Thanks to anyone who might chime in.

P.S. In the log files please disreguard the aux WB O2 censor as it was not used but you can see through the pul I am commanding 11.6 through the higher rpm range. I logged my afr using my scan aeroforce guage.
    2005 Mustang GT, K&N intake, Diablo 91 octane K&N tune retarded 4* for 87 octane

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    consider lowering your bytes used from 26 to 24 so you get more fps as that lost resolution can hurt accuracy. As from one frame you were at 40kpa and the next at 130.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    consider lowering your bytes used from 26 to 24 so you get more fps as that lost resolution can hurt accuracy. As from one frame you were at 40kpa and the next at 130.

Thanks

How does one go about doing this? I searched through the help file but can't seem to find the how to. Could you please instruct me or post the link to the instructions? I am in the process of setting up my WB and creating a new config file for scanning so I would like to set it up right.

thanks again.
    2005 Mustang GT, K&N intake, Diablo 91 octane K&N tune retarded 4* for 87 octane

Senior Tuner
    Try this. All I did was remove your Bank2 O2 stuff. And upped your rpm's and the map in the chart display so you can actually see them.

Attachment 5363

Second attempt at tuning.

So I took some advice, changed some numbers and logged some pulls and this is what I came up with. My WOT afr looks to be pretty good in comparison to my command afr but I would not mind some feed back on anything else I might not of thought off.

Would any one care to take a look at my tune and logs and give some feedback.

thanks