Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a SD basics somewhere???

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    just get me the info & I'll mock it up
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    what about the olfa tables? what are they supposed to be set to?
    Check my post #12 about the GTO LS2 OLFA tables. The 2006 LS2 Covette OLFA tables have different mutipliers again. My post is in the VCM Suite Enchanced I/O.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/HPT...eedDensity.swf

its only about 1/2 way done, but tell me what you think.
    This tutarial is not working. Did you pull it down? I would love to see it. Anyway of getting it?

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    The enrichment rate on the LS2 is 2.0 max. This is under the EQ Ratio vs RPM button. The EQ tables are multiplied by the Airflow Gain, the IVT Gain and the Injector Tip Gain tables. So leave the four open loop tables at 10.00 and the Airflow Gain table at 1.00. Now change the Injector Tip table to be all at 1.00. Now the table to set is the IVT Gain table. You want the values to be .1000 at operating temp and map. So take the open loop tables (10.00)x the airflow gain table (1.00)x the injector tip table (all at 1.00 now)x the ivt table (.1000 at operating temp) =1.00. This would command a 14.7 AFR.

Not sure of the relationship between coolant temp and the intake valve temp. But this is the table to set up so that your commanded AFR is 14.7 at operating temps. A number higher than .1000 will lower the commanded AFR. I would start by setting the 219*F column to .1000 and check the commanded AFR when in open loop. If your commanded AFR is still richer than 14.7, then set the next lower temp column to .1000 and so on. Don't reduce the low temp values too much or you will have a cold start hesitation/stall.

Russ Kemp
    Russ, Do I need to do anything to those tables if I am seeing 14.7 commanded after warmup? I don't start logging until the car is up to 175*.

I'm doing VE tuning now and plan on turning the maf back on. If I plan to turn the maf back on, should I be setting the bias table to 1.0 and increasing the VE? Keep in mind this is a pretty stock car. I guess my question is do you set the bias to 1 only if your going mafless?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    Russ, Do I need to do anything to those tables if I am seeing 14.7 commanded after warmup? I don't start logging until the car is up to 175*.

I'm doing VE tuning now and plan on turning the maf back on. If I plan to turn the maf back on, should I be setting the bias table to 1.0 and increasing the VE? Keep in mind this is a pretty stock car. I guess my question is do you set the bias to 1 only if your going mafless?
    If your commanded AFR is 14.7 when not in PE (in open loop, STFT's & LTFT's staying at 0), then the open loop table is OK. And if the commanded PE in the scanner matches the values in the editor, then your good to go. I'm mafless and I left the Bias stock. If your going to use the Maf, the VE table only has to be in the ball park.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Bill your tutorial's are great, but could you add some "weather channel" music to it? LOL
    2002 T/A Firehawk : bilstein/eibach package, auburn
    TSP 404 Iron Long block with PRC stage 3 6.0L heads, Texas Giant cam, Fast90, NW90, Kooks 1-7/8", Kooks ORY, Magnaflow/cutout, Spec 2+, Spec Billet Flywheel, Racetronix 37# injectors
    Strano Springs, Koni Adjustables
    BMR: Q Arm, boxed LCA, PHR, STB.