Thread: 99 supercharged corvette breakin up

Tuner in Training

99 supercharged corvette breakin up

Working on my first supercharged 99 vette, stock everything except cat back and p1sc supercharger, and 42lb injectors.. I have the nicest curve til about 5000-5200 and the car starts to break up, and go lean.. I have gone into the high octane spark table and taken out timing, and gone to the maf transfer function and still no better results.. I have my pe table set to 11.8. and have pulled alot of timing out of the car.. I'm getting around 478/444 out of her, but just can't get the f-in breakin up at 5000-5200 to go away.. I have the plugs gapped at .35 like the procharger book recommends, maybe it's trying to blow out the spark.. Any ideas from all you super tuners out there...

Quote Originally Posted by bnt performance
    Working on my first supercharged 99 vette, stock everything except cat back and p1sc supercharger, and 42lb injectors.. I have the nicest curve til about 5000-5200 and the car starts to break up, and go lean.. I have gone into the high octane spark table and taken out timing, and gone to the maf transfer function and still no better results.. I have my pe table set to 11.8. and have pulled alot of timing out of the car.. I'm getting around 478/444 out of her, but just can't get the f-in breakin up at 5000-5200 to go away.. I have the plugs gapped at .35 like the procharger book recommends, maybe it's trying to blow out the spark.. Any ideas from all you super tuners out there...
    the MAF sensor Maxed out thats why the car goes lean ,try to richen the mixture using the PE from where the car starts to go lean..or run the 2 BAR OS
    Last edited by Street Legal; 05-13-2007 at 12:29 AM.

If your MAF Hz goes above 12000 you're at the end of the MAF table and then the MAF goes "static" as far as measuring air goes. The PCM then just uses the last line of the MAF table from there on out.
    Always Support Our Troops!