Thread: Trying to tune a 02 Z06

Tuner

Trying to tune a 02 Z06

My friend just put in LG motorsports cam/AFR 205 head package 59CC. He's running the G5X2 cam that spec out to 232-240 duration, and 595-608 lift on a 114 centerline. FORD SVO 30 pound injectors. Synergy motorsports gave him a mail order tuneup. The cars running really rich but the stft and LTFT's are not moving. The 02 voltages are moving but I'm not seeing any triming.

The guy that was to tune this car went out of business and I'm really the guys only hope to get it done. I've tune a lot of mass air Ford cars but I'm trying to learn the GM stuff as best I can.

I"m trying to read all the "read this first" posts so that I don't ask any redudant questions but if anyone out there can help me with a few questions I'd appreciate it. I'll number the questions to help those that want to answer certain questions.

1. Anyone have any problems seeing STFT and LTFT's during datalogging?
    2. I"m also trying to log Vacuum in psi but I'm not seeing anything.
    3. The check engine light is on, how do I see what the codes are?
    4. Right now to dial fuel out I"m adjusting only the Main VE table. Is there a good source of information that I can read that shows me the proper way to adjust air to fuel at idle, part throttle, WOT? I'm trying to figure out when the mass air comes into factor.

1. Never had a problem as long as the PID is in the main table

2. I dont know if HPT does vaccum in psi, could be wrong. Just need MAP values.

3. On the scanner, theres a button on the tool bar that looks like an engine. Click that, but make sure the car is connected first.

4. The MAF comes into play 100% of the time, but above 4000 RPM, its 100% MAF, below is a combination of MAF and VE.

... and fill out your location info. Perhaps an expert lives just around the corner and would be happy to get you on the right track for a pizza and a beer.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins