Thread: expert tuning help needed in so cal

Tuner in Training

expert tuning help needed in so cal

my ss truck just got a new motor due to some problems with the old setup.

the new set up is alot different and im going to need some help tuning it. i am needing a few different tunes for it.

i need a street tune for DD for around 12-13 psi of boost with methanol injection on pump gas and 22 inch wheels.

i also need two tunes for the track , one for 15psi of boost with methanol injection and one for 15 psi plus 100-150 shot of nitrous and meth injection booth of whihc will use 109 race gas and 18 drag radials

the new setup is a completely forged 370 motor 216/224 546/589 114+3 cam , patriot stg 3 heads. alkycontrol meth system and a new fuel system , ( converted to a return with -8 feed and -6 return twin walbro 355's boost ref fpr, and alot of other stuff. so i know my old tune wont run very well with all of this new setup. im still learning exactly what to do with tuning it and i would like some help from a well experienced ls based tuner. im willing to pay for you help.

Senior Tuner
    Where in So-Cal are you ... I know of three people (on here) off the top of my head that may be willing to help?

Never could fit an SS truck on the AWD we used to have...
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    im in riverside but i can tune it to get to wherever i need within about 2 hours. the only dyno i know of is granatelli in oxnard. i woul dlike to use their faciltiy to put some numbers down. but the tune can be done on the street since it will be a street driven car. i just want to dyno it for bragging rights. also this will all need to be sd mafless tunes. thanks.

Senior Tuner
    I am not sure about Doug, but I am mobile and can help out. Either one of us (Doug - EC Tune and I) would be glad to help.

Tuner in Training
    do you have experience with fi speed density tunes? if so i woul dappreciate it

Yeah we both have extensive experience with FI sd & 12secSS probably has nitrous experience as well. I haven't tuned any nitrous apps but if it's a (wet) port based system that would be the best way to go.
    Always Support Our Troops!