Thread: tuneing help with gp with gen v blower

Tuner

tuneing help with gp with gen v blower

ok i have a 99 grandprix gtp and need some help tuning im new to hptuners, so any help is great. i have a gen v blower swap with pacesetter headers and a 3.0 pully with a stage 1x cam and n* tb, and lq4 maf sensor and 42lb injectors, walbro 255lph fuel pump. i beleave that the lq4 sensor is the same as a ls6 maf. now i have some issues with fueling. my lifts are way positive at idle and cruseing. 16+ all the time. i tryed scaling the maf but am not too shure on how to do so properly. also it seems that im maxing out the maf. is this possible with my setup? any 1 with some good tuning info? heres a scan. http://www.scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=3716
    96 l67 CAVALIER. PT76GTQ TURBO AND IC. PB: 10.62@138MPH ON 19PSI. DYNOED 502WHP AND 415FTLBS OF TORQUE.

With your LTFT & STFT's being maxed @ cruise and idle, check your setup for any vac leaks. Once you get that resolved, double check your injector & MAF table values to make sure they are correct for your 42# injectors and LQ4 MAF. When you ready to tun again, start off small. Get the idle/cruise dialed in first (fuel trim tuning), then slowly move into PE/WOT tuning. Might also try tuning with a 3.2" pulley instead. A 3.0" on a GenV will move a lot of air.

Tuner
    ok thanks. ill try to check for vacume leaks. and ill put on a 3.4pully i dont have a 3.2. it may very well be a vac leak. im not sure how the pcv valve works on this blower ans it maby be the source of the leak. thanx for the help.
    96 l67 CAVALIER. PT76GTQ TURBO AND IC. PB: 10.62@138MPH ON 19PSI. DYNOED 502WHP AND 415FTLBS OF TORQUE.

Tuner
    ok, i had a vac leak at the block off plate for the egr valve on the intake manifold. its fixed and i have the proper maf table inputed as well as for the 42.5 injectors. the fuel trims are now about +10-+8 at part throttle. havent gone wot till i get it tuned at part throttle. what lift # should i target at part throttle, idle, crueing?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    slightly negative preferably.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    so all lifts at crueing,idle and part throttle shoud be -1 to -3ish. negative is the ecm pulling fuel correct and positive is adding fuel?

Correct. A negative fuel trim means that the VCM is reducing fuel. Positive means that the VCM is adding fuel.

Tuner
    heres a scan i just took. can some one help me on the kr im seeing.
    http://www.scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=3838
    my mods are genv blower 3.2 pully, slp headers, n*tb lq4 maf, 42 lbs inj, cai, 2.5" exhaust with no cat.