Thread: Throttle Opening / Throttle Closing / Fuel setting.

Throttle Opening / Throttle Closing / Fuel setting.

Throttle Opening / Throttle Closing / Fuel setting.

-1) I want to have fuel added at throttle opening, not only going WOT but at any place in the MAP.

-2) On the other side I want to subtract fuel every time I go off throttle, on the first initial lift.

Can someone point me in the direction???

What about Transient Tables???

Christian

418Ci TEC Assembled/ ETP-FTI Prep/ FTI "Barbara Streisand" Cam 664 HP Pump Gas.
    Losers can always explain why...as winners never explain how...
    What makes a Top Performer Human is the mistake…What makes him the greatest is his ability to repair it

Let me try to reformulate my questions:

- What Table to move in the Transient to add fuel on Throttle opening???

- What Table to move in the transient to shut down fuel on Throttle Lift Off???

I did look for in the forum but didn't found a lot about testing and results in this area...

Waiting for your suggestions

Christian

What makes a Top Performer Human is the mistake…What makes him the greatest is his ability to repair it

Christian,

Here's a post on the transient fueling. Hope it helps your quest.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Christian,

Here's a post on the transient fueling. Hope it helps your quest.
    Hi Doug,

Thank you for coming in.

My understanding from Chris explanation is that if I increase my values in the Fuel Boiling Time vs.Coolant vs. MAP it will add fuel on Throttle opening...

Is that correct?

Christian

Advanced Tuner
    Yep

Don't go too far with those. I did and had a VERY unstable engine. LOL

Tuner in Training
    do these look like the cells one would need to edit? possibly start by multiplying by 1.75?

1998 Trans-Am, m6, 4.11 rear, forged 382ci ls6, patriot stg 2 heads w/ 921 springs, 232 234 595 598 112lsa cam, ported fast 90, nw 92 tb, 36lbs svo injectors, pacesetter 1 3/4" lts, 160 stat, walbro 255 w/ wiring upgrade, slp fan harness, bosch 13111 o2's, lc1 wideband, katech tensioner, asp pulley, 4" y pipe w/ electric cutout

What about going open loop, you can use Open Loop EQ Ratio, ypou can make it run richer in higher MAPS, and leaner at low MAPS..

dlc - Yep those are the ones. I would start at x1.5 and work up. If you get overshoot you will need to reduce the values a tad.

I have experimented with the gain value but don't have a hard & fast rule yet.

Tuner in Training
    the cells i have highlighted are at 100kpa at operating temperatures. will raising these only affect heavy hits on the throttle? if so, can i do the same (raise them) to the lower kpa's to possibly help hesitations when i don't jab the throttle so hard?

if this doesn't make sense, it's probably because i don't quite understand manifold absolute pressure. if it does make sense, then i think i got it.
    1998 Trans-Am, m6, 4.11 rear, forged 382ci ls6, patriot stg 2 heads w/ 921 springs, 232 234 595 598 112lsa cam, ported fast 90, nw 92 tb, 36lbs svo injectors, pacesetter 1 3/4" lts, 160 stat, walbro 255 w/ wiring upgrade, slp fan harness, bosch 13111 o2's, lc1 wideband, katech tensioner, asp pulley, 4" y pipe w/ electric cutout

Don't move the lower values more than about 5% at a time. It might be very unpredictable (well, it will over fuel the transitions).