Thread: HELP! Flashed car now it wont start

Tuner

HELP! Flashed car now it wont start

When I was flashing the car, it flashed normally and then verified the flash and was complete. When I went to start the car it was dead. The dash was dead except for a couple flickers of light on the seat belt symbol. The car was completely dead. It wouldn’t let me reconnect to the computer. I then followed the instructions as included in the help section.

Put a battery charger on the battery at low charge.
    Used AC power to power the laptop.
    Closed the software, reopened the file I was flashing when this problem occured and the flash went completely through. However the car still wont start.

I can not get the log file as requested because the car is completely dead without the battery charger. I’ve attached the file I was trying to flash. What do I need to do to get the car working again?

Thanks

John Schiavo

Sounds like you need a new battery.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

yeah...sounds like when you get a very dead battery
    as long as the write saidf completed then you should be fine...
    just get a new battery or charge the one thats in it...
    if after a few hours of charging it doesnt come to life....take the battery to an auto parts store and have them test it...
    most likely you will have to replace it
    as a pinch...if you know how to get into a battery..you can throw in a couple of asprin and then reseal it..it will get you enough leaway to get a charge to start it and drive it to the parts store as a worst case scenario before you use a different vehicle to get there
    -Scott -

Tuner
    Guys

Thanks. We'll replace the battery. Is there anything else that it could be? A VATS issue? If the battery doesn't work would a write entire or write VIN/VATS help? If I put the stock tune back in will the stock VATS and other VCM parameters besides the calibration be there as well?

Vats doesnt cause issues unless you have physically changed the PCM or the OS in the PCM(like writing a 2002 OS in a 1999 pcm)
    -Scott -

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    FWIW he changed out the battery & all is well.

/thread.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"