Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel Mileage

Tuner
    The tune that I put on my friends 04 dually Welding truck is stacked with an edge hot . and we have had no trans issues .

Tuner
    And getting 2mpg better on My 06 lbz using beta without a trans tune.

2 mpg that is not to bad. Is it as easy as the tutorial shows?
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Tuner
    New Tune Getting 4 mpg better on hwy , but step on the petal the smoke is heavy and the needle drops . That is with K&N stock replacement and 4" DPipe and no kitty w/muffler. Duno what tutorial?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blued turboed1
    The tune that I put on my friends 04 dually Welding truck is stacked with an edge hot . and we have had no trans issues .
    I didnt have trans issues until I used a lot of torque with low rpm and a big load. The torque converter clutch doesnt hold onto ~750 real well at 1900 rpm when the truck is loaded to 24K.

5thgear locked, 1900 rpms 24K in the hills with the cruise set is a no no with the stock converter.

I now sport a Suncoast Stage IV, I now only have to respect EGT.

Quote Originally Posted by blued turboed1
    New Tune Getting 4 mpg better on hwy , but step on the petal the smoke is heavy and the needle drops . That is with K&N stock replacement and 4" DPipe and no kitty w/muffler. Duno what tutorial?

What kind of hp/tq do you think that tune has? Do you think that would be safe for a stock tranny? What are you getting for mileage right now? I have a banks sixgun & I am getting 20 mpg on the hwy. Thanks.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.

Tuner
    That 04 dually weighs about 12k with all the welding equiptment. He also pulls a travel trailer that is about 10k. As for my truck dont know how much power? I will have it on the dyno tomorrow. Tranny is holding so far. That is only because beta tune will defuel between shifts. Atleast mine dose .

Isn't there a way to shut off the defuels or aleast change them?