Thread: Torque management

Torque management

I want to disable torque management but would it be harmfull for my automatic if I disabled torque management under the engine torque management tab?

What if I went into the transmission torque management tab and zeroed out the normal tab under torque management, disabled abuse mode, zeroed out RPM, TPS, and Speed, and also torque reduction? Would that be a better way to do it?

Also would I have to change shift pressures?

Thanks guys!
    99' Trans Am LS1. A4 Kevlar, Aluminum driveshaft /loop , Yank 3200, 3.23s, OBX headers, SLP loudmouth 1, Custom Intake, B&M supercooler, LS6 intake, PP/TB, LM1
    99' Honda Superhawk VTR-1000F- Cams, Exhaust, Ign. Advance, K&N, Jets

Senior Tuner
    Yes, it would.

Your better off removing little amounts at different load points while beefing shift pressure at the same points so you keep good low throttle shift quality and reduced stress.

Getting rid of TM on the trans altogether creates a parts breaking shift.

Yeah I dont suspect I will get rid of it all together. It is a new a4.

So If I decrease the normal torque reduction table by 50% that would probably be better correct?

And what about the abuse mode on torque management and the torque reduction tab? Is this only for when the car is being well, doing a brake stall?

Thanks
    99' Trans Am LS1. A4 Kevlar, Aluminum driveshaft /loop , Yank 3200, 3.23s, OBX headers, SLP loudmouth 1, Custom Intake, B&M supercooler, LS6 intake, PP/TB, LM1

Alrighty! I figured it all out... Including shift times and pressures. Man this stuff is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BBA
    Yes, it would.

Your better off removing little amounts at different load points while beefing shift pressure at the same points so you keep good low throttle shift quality and reduced stress.

Getting rid of TM on the trans altogether creates a parts breaking shift.
    I know too many guys that want TM removed and then start asking why their stock trannys start to act up. All I can say is "I told you so". haha
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

I have removed my TQ management entirely and have had it this way since I bought HPtuners very early this year. I drive it everyday and have had no problems so far. Granted I don't go out and pound the car every chance I get though, 99% of the time it is driven civilized. I have moved line pressures up for a very firm shift, it's the way I like it.

I did this with the mind set that,,,,I am not worried about grenading the tranny, just means it needs a better one and would give me a reason to rebuild it and install a nice converter while I was in there.

Thinking that it wouldn't last a month I have been ready to get started but the darn thing keeps working flawless after over 10,000 miles and quite a few trips down the drag strip testing different bolt ons,,,

I even know a few people that are hitting theirs with "smallish" nitrous shots of 100 to 125 hp and still kicking on the stock tranny,,,then there are others that can't make it around the block,,,,go figure.

In any event, I don't worry about it,,,they are considered a weak link so I am just waiting for the day. So far it's been longer than I anticipated.