Thread: Dual channel WB help...

Tuner in Training

Dual channel WB help...

Ok Im very undecided on a WB purchase. I want to start tuning my camaro. I want to monitor both banks but also want to initially measure the effects of before/after cat use. Im looking into dual channel controllers. The Daytona sensors people have a fairly inexpensive dual channel WB (wego IId). Also looking at the AEM dual channel UEGO. With these would there be any difficulty in making each seperate WB read like a narrow band for the PCM? Also would it plug right up to the pro interface? Im kind of between a rock and a hard place b/c I would love to have one unit receiving both signals in the Camaro for ease of installation but would also like the portability of 2 seperate units when the Dodge is finally supported. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
    Erik
    05 HEMI Ram, NEEDS TUNE SUPPORT!
    14MPG HWY aint cuttin it.
    02 Camaro SS, Needs to be faster

Tuner in Training
    C'mon fellas help a bro out. Im a male nurse (straight) and can trade off some of my highly tuned butt wiping skills for your WB knowledge.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a F.A.S.T. dual O2 AFR meter. I just installed the 02 bungs today with 3" pipes all the way back. As soon as I have time to put the 02's in I'll post how they do. The screen is pretty cool with the flames and all. LOL
    Last edited by Nitrous; 07-29-2007 at 10:27 PM.
    97 GMC ext cab, 2002 LS6, MTI G1 cam 228/232-588/575-113, MTI hardened pushrods, Patriot 243 heads, 3200 stall, 85mm Mass air, S&P Type III Headers, 2 1/2" Magnaflow High flow cats, Flowmasters, HPTuners, 4:10 gears, Original Boyds wheels 17X9's front 17X11's rear, East coast customs WS6 ram air hood, 150 shot NOS LS1 set up, 4/5Beltech drop, Caltracs.

Tuner in Training
    http://www.wbo2.com/3h1/default.htm
    These are a great unit accurate and dont drop out like innovate. The log software is a bit weak at the moment but they are working on it. They can be configured to read 1,2 or avg of 1 and 2 all so can be configiured for dual display.but works well with hpt using WBlin outputs. I have had a single channel that i use on my dyno daily for 4yrs and recently died due to stupidity of one of my employees but was returned to them and fixed it straight away so minimal downtime. so TECHEDGE Gets my vote

Tuner in Training
    Man those both look like good options. Now my question is that they all say they have one output to simulate narrowband for the PCM. Does this one output cover both banks if Im using widebands in both primary O2 spots?

Advanced Tuner
    I've tried contacting these guys through email with no luck. I was hoping to get some interface cables from them. Sounds like you've had better luck than me. I've only tried contacting Adam and Phillip though.
    97 GMC ext cab, 2002 LS6, MTI G1 cam 228/232-588/575-113, MTI hardened pushrods, Patriot 243 heads, 3200 stall, 85mm Mass air, S&P Type III Headers, 2 1/2" Magnaflow High flow cats, Flowmasters, HPTuners, 4:10 gears, Original Boyds wheels 17X9's front 17X11's rear, East coast customs WS6 ram air hood, 150 shot NOS LS1 set up, 4/5Beltech drop, Caltracs.

Tuner
    I will be speaking with techedge this coming week i will ask the question.The can be a hard company to contact at times peter is the head guy, but they were off on seminar or somthing a week ago. If you pm me your email address i can personally give it to them if you like. cheers