Thread: knock retard problem

Tuner in Training

False knock retard problem

Hi.
    I have a vy commodore with a twin turbo setup that im trying to tune. I am having a little problem that im hoping someone could shed some light on.
    It has a reasonably lump cam 226/230 .570 around 112-114 sep. running 10 psi.i am having problem with knock. It is logging anywhere from 1-4 knock during a light powerrun. though listening through knock ears it doesnt sound like its detonating i have been pulling the timing back to as low as 7 deg and i still does it so it may be false knock . the IAT dont go over 30deg and i have tried afr from 12.0 to 10.4. i have zeroed the burst knock unsure where to go from now. my question is could the cam be causing this problem due to the overlap or harmonics and i guess greater backpressure of the turbos. i have tuned quiet a few turbo and blown ls1 with baby cams and have allways been able to get at least 11-14 deg saftely. could some offer some advise please. i have considered lowering the Knock fast rate attack vs RPM but unsure if will help
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by BRUMBY; 07-28-2007 at 11:22 PM.

Post your scan plus the stock & latest tune.

Russ Kemp