Thread: O2 Slow Response

O2 Slow Response

Current setup on the car was completed in May. At that time, I installed a pair of new 13111s into the headers I just installed. Tuned the car and all was well. For the last 2 months, the car has basically been parked, although I did frequently move it in and out of the garage. Pulled it out to start driving it again last week and it sets the O2 slow response code for BOTH banks. The sensors have less than 500 miles on them. I cleared them and they came back on 50 miles later.

Did I damage the O2s by starting the car, backing it out of the garage, and turning it off? If thats not it, what would cause both sensors to throw the code at the same time like this?

Thanks
    AW
    2017 Chevy SS Whipple

Well here is my 2 cents lol
    Welcome to the header club , Not sure on the whole timing of the codes being set but it is a common problem with LT’s. Are the O2's flat lining or has the magnitude of there oscillation dropped?
    I also use the 13111's they may be a slightly better but are still slow. What I found to help is to delay closed loop enable by 10 to 15 deg, disable the codes and allow the car to warm up close to full operating temp on cold starts to get more heat into the headers. Actually once my motor is at its operating temp the switching becomes tolerable. On my first set of sensors with my headers they some how became contaminated and started throwing those switching codes left and right. That inturn would drop the car out of closed loop. That’s when I switched to the 13111;s.
    All right I am done babbling hope some of this info is helpful.

The O2s look good to me once they start switching. I haven't gotten any switching codes, yet. I will try upping the CL enable temps and see how that goes.
    2017 Chevy SS Whipple