Thread: More cubes?

Tuner in Training

More cubes?

I am a newb to the site and to the whole tuning experience but i think i got it fairly understood...but i am a learn by do kinda person and here lies my prob...

I blew my last motor...and now building a new 6l iron block cause its cheap and stout.

So now considering everything else will be the same (cam, intake, turbo kit, boost, heads)...anything that would change the tune really how much "tuning" will i need to do to be able to really get on the car...i need something that will be safe to break the motor in with some hard pulls ...

the car will be a maf tune with 5psi for now...its what it was tuned for b4 the motor let go so really what all needs to be changed so i can start it up and drive and get into boost safely.

I just dont have the time to learn how to tune the car with this new motor cause i need to break it in right and not spend tons of time getting a tune setup.

Let me know you guys ideas....

Thanks in advance and anymore info can be provided if necessary

You need to change the motor size and retune accordingly. May not change much but depending on how bad your other motor was, it may be off a decent amount.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    so could i add in a saftey net to the timing and fuel and then go out and be able to kinda beat on it right away....i dont want to race it or anything put give the new motor a few spirited bursts to get the rings seated good

don't add too much fuel though, that wont be good on a new motor
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    i have a wideband....so i think i will prob just add maybe 5% or something across the board....and then maybe take out a few degrees of timing across the board then slowly add it in later.

i just want to make sure i can get the power on to seat the rings nothing much just make a few 75-100% throttle bursts and be able to get it up into the rpm range so does what i am thinking seem reasonable?

yeah just throw the WB in and monitor it on those runs, make sure it doesnt go too lean or too rich.