Thread: Knock, Knock....

Knock, Knock....

I have one strange issue. When I hit the gas, I automatically get 8*s knock straight across the board. Also, my timing disappears to 0 or negitives. It just started this. Also,IMHO, it looks like the MAP hit 100 kpa very fast and sometimes at ~30% throttle. It doesnt seem right to me. I did throw a knock sensor code for low signal or something so is this its failsafe?

2004 GMC 5.3 truck. Only mod is a catback.

Set this table this way.
    Attachment 7547

Then we'll see if there is a KR problem or ??
    Always Support Our Troops!

Done... gonna go fo a short drive. The poor truck sure is doggy and slow.. lol

Still there There is supposedly a TSB about a knock sensor problem that involves the rear sensor getting all rusted up. Some have said they have seen this problem because of it and its the same sensor giving me a fit (P0332 knock sensor 2 low input)

if you throw a KS code, when you enter PE it pulls max PE KR out to be safe.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Quote Originally Posted by Country Boy
    Still there There is supposedly a TSB about a knock sensor problem that involves the rear sensor getting all rusted up. Some have said they have seen this problem because of it and its the same sensor giving me a fit (P0332 knock sensor 2 low input)
    Well no KR in that log so we don't know `nutin yet...

It's pretty easy to pull the intake off a truck. Takes about an hour or two depending on your skill level (mine's around a week... LOL) Replace the sensors then RTV the plugs back in place. Should keep you good to go for a while.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
    if you throw a KS code, when you enter PE it pulls max PE KR out to be safe.
    Thats what I assumed. Im changing both of them today.

Thanks yall. Ill report back.