Thread: Need Help With Tune - 6L Iron Block APS TT Kit

Potential Tuner

Need Help With Tune - 6L Iron Block APS TT Kit

Hey everyone,

I got a 6L iron block fully built with aps tt kit installed. need help with the tune. I previously have a tune uploaded for a ls1 built block and vortech supercharger running 8 lbs of boost. started the car today after we completed the install and won't idle. here are the specs

6 L Iron Block
    Callies Compstar Crank
    Linati Pro Billet Rods
    8.5 Compression Wiseco Pistons Coated
    ESC Turbo (won't tell me specs for some reason)
    FLB Auto Tranny

anything else let me know.

here is a base tune from aps..i need help..can you give me some pointers to modify it or someone help me out on the edit. sorry i'm new at this, i did the previous tune and my car is the only experience i have.. thanks

Attachment 7570 APS Tune File

Start with your supercharged file first.

Just get the injector cal from the spreadsheet in the stickies. Put in your injector size, set the engine size up for 6L.

Post your Log (.hpl) & Tune (.hpt) files if you want some more help.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    i'll post the vortech tune..take a look at it and let me know what you think

Looks like a classic MAF tune on a supercharged application. You won't be able to do that with your APS TT. 2 bar will be mandatory.

You will probably have too much spark in the higher g/cyl areas of the main spark table. The TT's move a lot of air efficiently.

Need more info on the injectors as well.

Potential Tuner
    running 60 lb injectors, boosta pump, walbro hi flow pump..let me know if you need anything else..thanks

Here's something that should get you started. I turned off the MAF so don't boost it until you apply a 2 bar cal & 2 bar MAP sensor!

It has the correct injector flow rate so you shouldn't need to move it. It has a "startup" VE table which may be wrong but will get you started, idleing and light driving. NO BOOSTING IT WITH 1 BAR!!! LOL

Potential Tuner
    awesome man..i'll check it out and see how it goes..yes i will lay off the boost
    99 C5 Coupe 6.0 L APS TT Kit
    www.pinnacleautoworks.com