Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: boosted 2.4 solstice

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    those p0171/p0174 lean/rich bank codes USUALLY are a mechanical problem rather than a tuning problem.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

indicating what ?

any guesses ?or others with mechanical experience that can expand on what bill said !
    in your experience bill - what do i trouble shoot ?? where if anyplace would you instruct me to START looking ??
    2.4 ecotech ( 2006 pontiac solstice )
    42lb injectors
    trim 50 garrett t3t4 (custom -barebones pumpking )
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    38mm tial wastegate and bov
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    GXP,magna flo exhaust-with integrated dumptube by B_FASTER & R&D
    aem wideband
    custom manifold -by sh**er the skunk
    (((HP ))) tuning - in progress
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    leaks near the maf sensor, vacuum leaks at the intake, things like that generally cause those codes.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Your IFR table was incorrectly set up. Make the changes as shown, this will reduce the LTFT's by ~13%. This should take care of the P0171 code.

Russ Kemp

Thumbs up Thankyou Russ / can i get an amen on the fuzzies ?

... you saved me from going in the oposite direction and for sure left on my own i would have tweaked it backassward ! ........at least i KNOW don't GUESS... - when in doubt leave it parked -ask the experts !...
    .. now i know............. "checking for leaks " and bigger ain't better !
    ...? good thing i waited ! -thankyou russ !! thankyou very much

the table is a lil FUZZY so just to confirm ... these are my new values ( THEY ARE IN - !!! )

42.43 ( in the 1st 9 boxes) - then

if any noobs care to explain why the 1st 9 boxes have the same value then up by about (.50 ) after that ?..& ck my numbers .. that would be COOL.... my grasp on smaller numbers / values and not running outta injector....??.........smaller values making it richer etc !.......... i could use a study buddy
    Last edited by zzzybil; 07-04-2007 at 04:11 PM.
    42lb injectors
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    aem wideband
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

russ's table changes logged

flashed new injector table in and reset fuel trims ... then did some easy driving ( off and on showers roads barely wet finally stopped raining -tho prolly slippery as it gets) broke up an hour of scanning into small bites..figured to get a head start on that hour or 100 miles of "it" learning fuel trims

all mundane and boring till marker 6130-6260...KR...on this 3rd scan
    there was a good bit 1-2 on another but i ignored that...kinda weird since it was alll maw maw driving !.......but a "4" here....am i paranoid or WHAT ?
    will someone take a look see please !!......i can't see a WOT from a stop in my future till i get this low end stuff fixed...or a 2nd gear wot !

i think this was coming off the ramp....slowed to the yield and - zero traffic both directions and a spirited " tipped it in a lil bit " barely swung the butt sideways .. ready to have fun !! ... well maybe when the weather gets better.....but this was NO wot run . prolly the only NON "ms daisy driving" the WHOLE TIME..soooooooo

randy has ALL 8 of the histos set up and working on his cfg ...I HATE yall can't see them and i can't read the info intelligently enuff to share or make sense of it !!! :banghead
    42lb injectors
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    aem wideband
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

Tuner in Training
    Bump, I do believe Pam will be back today, getting close.

back

getting away was great.......!!!!!!!!!........ there's the whole crew !

. best to take bill's advice and REREAD - everything ....
    re up the car fund and study up some.......
    42lb injectors
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    aem wideband
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

so which one are ya? And welcome back....now lets get that 2 bar install..

top left and getting froggy

its hard not to be impatient .....dang kids put a dent in progress..lol... wasting all that $ on vacation !!...lol.....quality time / family time ....geezzz...lol

i'm looking at trying to follow russ' instructions for no other reason than all this ((( pAtIeNcE ))) is about to kill me....
    ...... problem is i see 2 tables for what i think is (SET COMMANDED afr to 12.0 ( 1.225 EQ ratio )....... as simple as you make it sound - its still beyond my scope........not worth blowing up the car guessing...or. trying to cheat and use randy's maf table just to take a ride.......
    . RUSS its too many steps for me ( i'm not NEARLY as swoof as you give me credit for )

RANDY i looked at the sensor swap again for the millionth time yesterday - looks like 4 bolts and i could do it but the manual instructions retorque to 79 and fastner blah blah don't tear up gasket has me #$%^.... i have sockets but no torque wrench ........ i might be able to get away with it but just as likely to damage something else

i'm going order the 160 t-stat TODAY and see if i can get an appt to get that & the 2bar sensor in......
    ....just wait on $ for the egt kit and JET -HOT sterling 2000 ceramic treatment....lol....otherwise i'm going to go nuts and get myself in trouble - the temptation to attempt russ' instructions on my own is wearing me down....i need to get that sensor in before i do something stupid..... i've managed to stay out of trouble this long being patient....lol... just reading does not make me a tuner...........
    42lb injectors
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    aem wideband
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

I just don't see what a 2 bar map sensor will do for your tune? There is no 2 bar OS available, and there isn't a traditional VE table.
    The Maf & PE tables need to be set to get the AFR right. And the spark tables are referenced to Cylinder Airmass (g/sec).

Russ Kemp

i'll leave that explanation to randy

i have at least 4 votes against the 2bar idea turbofreak,RUSS, my mechanic and mark ???????

i can't figure out simple maf recal so ?????? not like i could intelligently dicuss it.......... i'm grateful randy is willing to help and i need help !

besides for RANDY - werks is using it in their tune and a guy MASE in canada on another sol ??

the pcm was using maf and map ........- my MAP CIRCUIT HIGH ..... cel/code is turned off ????? otherwise the car lites it up every run sooooooo ???

i know i'm a relatively low boost application ........but if randy thinks he has it figured out - i am all about learning whatever i can ......just need it spoon fed as an observer - he understands my frustration and lack of expertise !

now that i have watched enrichment tweaks - i can do that but its foolish to think i can actually demonstrate the OTHER concepts i read about.........and i've read enuff to KNOW theres more to tuning than dinking with enrichment...lol...........my comprehension of too many basics makes me chicken to experiment.......my duhhm questions on the maf re cal drive mods nuts ......the will not parse when i try to view cfgs and histos tortures me !
    at this point its STILL parked or i drive it like its made of glass ( no fun )........ i have russ's instructions printed out and another detailed post from 5liter eater...... i keep looking @ both and reading to learn the rite histos for maf recal ....connect the dots between those 2 guides !......lol.. I AM TRYING but guessing which of 3 tables is foolish too.......as bill keeps reminding me - suck it up and keep reading !
    maybe randy will expand on the 2 bar tune ? werks won't

the shop was swamped when i went in - i have another week of 12 hr shifts now before i can see about the 160 t-stat and get the 2 bar in.....and scheduled up some OT to keep the ball rollin
    42lb injectors
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    aem wideband
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    I just don't see what a 2 bar map sensor will do for your tune? There is no 2 bar OS available, and there isn't a traditional VE table.
    The Maf & PE tables need to be set to get the AFR right. And the spark tables are referenced to Cylinder Airmass (g/sec).

Russ Kemp
    The solstice uses the same OS as the Cadillac STS supercharged....The non-traditional VE table are setup a bit different....But the biggest help i found for the 2bar is for transients. One way the trasient fueling is triggered is by the map differential. so once a 1 bar tops out at 103-105 Kpa...the computer sees no change even though it does change. there are also tables in this Os that do have references up to 180 kpa. specifically the open loop tables when referencing IVT and Air mass. No one really understands everything in this ecu yet.
    Last edited by divingsolo; 08-02-2007 at 10:39 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Is the intake manifold aluminum?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    Is the intake manifold aluminum?
    Nope.

ahhh..... just read that entire thread......interesting to say the least..... think i need a valum now.... make it two they're small.

manifold

thanks randy !!!!!!!! i needed that !! >> something to say when my mechanic scratches his head - puts the 2 bar in ..lol..
    . i'll have the caddy sts supercharged uses same ecm - non traditional VE table and the 2bar is for transients triggered by map once it tops out 103-105 kpa ..lol.specifically OPEN LOOP references up to 180 when referencing IVT and air mass......gotta have it ! speech memorised ! that'll have'm grinnin and rollin their eyes
    lord help me if he askes any more questions - but usually he just goes along peacefully !..takes over explaining OL / CL to me...
    i take a lot of ribbing for what i've done my car but i know they love working on it and teasing me - its not their usual "meat and potatoe B.S."...gives them a break from boring stuff....... and the other customers think its "their project" ( they laugh at me but puff up like lil roosters )......they think its their project too !! all the work they've done - guess it is

theres the manifold - no clue if its thorey or sorry - true triY ?? -
    42lb injectors
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    aem wideband
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

Quote Originally Posted by zzzybil