Thread: PID's and scan files....

PID's and scan files....

Allright... still shaking things out with the scanner program( I am new to HpTuners)... I have a couple of questions in regards to pids and scanner parameters.

Are all pids and parameters saved within a hpl/scan file for the open config file to extract? example if I scan with one cfg but realized I missed something is it possible to open that same scan file using a config that contains the parameter I missed the first time? I tried this but it didn't work for me. Are the cfg files attached to the particular scan file? I think the answer to these questions is what ever cfg the scan file was made with is the inherent cfg for that scan file.... let me know.

Last question... what was the circumstances that require you to close the scanner and restart the scanner? do this in order to correct what?

Thank you all in advance!! HpTuners keep up the good work!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauss
    Allright... still shaking things out with the scanner program( I am new to HpTuners)... I have a couple of questions in regards to pids and scanner parameters.

Are all pids and parameters saved within a hpl/scan file for the open config file to extract? example if I scan with one cfg but realized I missed something is it possible to open that same scan file using a config that contains the parameter I missed the first time? I tried this but it didn't work for me. Are the cfg files attached to the particular scan file? I think the answer to these questions is what ever cfg the scan file was made with is the inherent cfg for that scan file.... let me know.

Last question... what was the circumstances that require you to close the scanner and restart the scanner? do this in order to correct what?

Thank you all in advance!! HpTuners keep up the good work!!
    Whatever PID's you logged in the table(primary) display are the parameters you logged. So if you needed to log different parameters then you need to add them to the table display and relog them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks Bill ! You can wipe this thread if need be.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Na no need, threads like this can only help others, look at it like that & its not so bad

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"