Thread: dual widebands, what do you guys see bank to bank?

dual widebands, what do you guys see bank to bank?

Just curious what you guys are seeing bank to bank on your cars with the WB? Part throttle low load and WOT.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

On seeing this thread it has saved me starting a new one on the dual WB sensors .
    Just wondering if anyone has yet tried the FAST Dual Wideband & what results they are getting ?

the problem is we dont have a way to adjust bank to bank, but we can see the difference at least, I just want to know what is typical.
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

In reading the data & settings on the FAST , they say that it can be set to average between the 2 banks . Would this not be a better way to tune then just using 1 bank ?? The reason why i'm asking is that I am seeing a difference of .5 Afr between my Dynojet WB & the Motec that is used on most dyno's over here ! This has lead me to believe the Dynojet WB may not be all that good & when you run OLSD you want the fueling to be spot not within . 5 .

Advanced Tuner
    The Dynojet doesnt have free-air calibration - a must for any half decent WB monitoring system. Ive upgraded to the Daytona Sensors WEGOII unit (dual channel) - not installed yet (engine off-road).

I have found that too - DJ metering 0.3-0.5AFR too lean. At idle they are way off - but I guess you need to spend big $$$ to get a decent sensor so its a compromise. The LSU4.2 UEGO sensor is used by the WEGOII unit I have, and I checked my old DJ and it used the same sensor. I can only put it down to lack of free-air calibration.

If you have one bank running 0.5 leaner, you want to tune to the lean bank, unless you want to chance frying something. That is my opinion at least.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
    If you have one bank running 0.5 leaner, you want to tune to the lean bank, unless you want to chance frying something. That is my opinion at least.
    I would tune based on the leaner bank also. It would be cool to be able to look at both banks.
    PLX does not have a calibration procedure that I am aware of. I heard form someone on here (Bill?) that the sensor itself has a calibration resistor.
    2005 Sierra Z71 SLT CCSB (LM7)
    STS GT67, LPE GT 2-3, ASP Pulley, Delphi 42#, A'PEXi AVC-R, PLX SM-AFR, FLT Level 5 4L65E, PI Vig 2600, HP Tuners with 2-Bar SD OS (Plus some smaller mods)

Support our Troops

2003 C-5 Z06 lgm no cats / borla stingers / slp blackwing cold air / 160* thermostat
    F.A.S.T dual wideband

Running dual F.A.S.T wideband bank 1 is leaner than bank 2 no load, WOT both bank 1 and bank 2 are about the same the numbers still swing.
    I've been told if the VE table is not smooth you will get a fluctuation with any wideband sensor is this true?
    Does this happen because the VE numbers swing up and down so the idle and A/F ratio numbers will also swing?
    I've been told not to tune the VE table just the MAF. What is the correct way?
    Should the actual A/F reading be rock steady?

There, back to the thread lol