Thread: Reset ECM

Reset ECM

Where is the feature to reset the ECM so that it starts relearning from scratch? I'm interested in this feature for GM products.
    15 Silverado 2500HD LML Z71, LTZ, 4x4, 6.6 ltr., Air Bags, FASS 90, 16/21 MPG.
    06 Quicksilver 6-speed GTO LS2-402, OCT 08 Dyno: 554rwhp/492rwtq, 18/26 MPG.
    16 Silver 6-speed Camaro 2SS LT1, 16/25 MPG.

in the HP scanner ( vcm control ) you can reset your fuel trims ...i'm assuming thats what you mean
    heck you can reset dtc ( codes ) ..

. you have to be specific what you want to relearn ???
    i don't honestly know what else you'd want to reset ? other than a code or fuel trim ??
    this is my 1st answer ..lol.... i'm more in the question dept ..

theres a procedure where you unplug the battery for an hr and it resets the ecm ?????? you don't need software for that.........and why people do that ???????.........it'll relearn the same thing ( maybe if you took off or added a mod on a stock ecm ) and wanted the learning to go faster ???
    i'm sure someone will correct me !!

alot of people on my other forum had a hard time understanding the difference between reset the ecm and reflash the ecm.....hahahaha

my guess is you are using THIS SOFTWARE and you mean fuel trims - hope that helped .............if you are still shopping...... keep reading.....
    there are a zillion features in this software - my experience is most of the learning and relearning is in the USER

you'll get better answers if they don't have to guess at the question
    good luck sugar bump
    2.4 ecotech ( 2006 pontiac solstice )
    42lb injectors
    trim 50 garrett t3t4 (custom -barebones pumpking )
    boost @ aprox 7 <10
    38mm tial wastegate and bov
    3" tubes front to back
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    GXP,magna flo exhaust-with integrated dumptube by B_FASTER & R&D
    aem wideband
    custom manifold -by sh**er the skunk
    (((HP ))) tuning - in progress
    jet hot 2000
    aerospace logic egt kit

zzzybil: I was told that the ECM learns how you drive and makes adjustments given the tune programed. I'm not sure how much/long memory is, but I suspect many hours. Exactly what all is reset I don't really know. I would think fuel trims at the very least. But, no, I'm not referring to Error codes. Although knowing how to reset those would be helpful too. I'm thinking they are reset through Engine Diagnostic -> DTCs and then unchecking the box. Yes, this software is powerful, but somewhat cryptic. I make small changes, so as not to screw things up.
    15 Silverado 2500HD LML Z71, LTZ, 4x4, 6.6 ltr., Air Bags, FASS 90, 16/21 MPG.
    06 Quicksilver 6-speed GTO LS2-402, OCT 08 Dyno: 554rwhp/492rwtq, 18/26 MPG.
    16 Silver 6-speed Camaro 2SS LT1, 16/25 MPG.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory
    I'm thinking they are reset through Engine Diagnostic -> DTCs and then unchecking the box. Yes, this software is powerful, but somewhat cryptic. I make small changes, so as not to screw things up.
    No, that is not how its done. Reading the help file www.hptuners.com/help may take you a few hours but can help you from doing something incorrectly or even from you frying your pcm so its definitely a recommended read.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"