Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: ZF 6HP26 TCM - Now Supported in 2.25 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Yortt View Post
    Eric , Any progress on being able to log knock????
    Still working on it. I have to add it to each and every operating system we support, since there is not a PID for Knock Retard. Its a bit time consuming.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Still working on it. I have to add it to each and every operating system we support, since there is not a PID for Knock Retard. Its a bit time consuming.
    Eric
    Thanks for the update, you say "since there is not a PID for Knock Retard." this would explain why SCT are saying the knock information is not in the data stream and cannot be logged. From your response it would appear logging knock is still possible with some extra work and will be included in 2.25 is this correct?
    Thanks
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    No it's in the datastream I think from what I remember when logging knock with SCT it's just a dynamic data stream item or something I think?

Advanced Tuner
    Just to clarify I am referring to logging knock on the FG model yes SCT has knock logging on the FG and produces a trace but it has no structure to it and has been confirmed by Herrod that it does not work.
    SCT are aware of the importance of logging knock however I am not aware of the expertise SCT have compared to HP Tuners but it concerns me that given SCT cannot log knock (FG model) maybe HP Tuners can't either, just hoping this is not the case.
    Last edited by Yortt; 10-01-2015 at 08:54 AM.

The Spanish Oak does not support a Knock Retard PID. The only PIDs are for knock sensor voltage which is pretty useless. We can however log knock via DMR, which is retrieving it right out of RAM. This has to be done for each and every operating system, since the RAM address changes between operating systems.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah thats what I was talking about DMR!!!!

Hopefully less then "two weeks" LOL

Advanced Tuner
    The Spanish Oak does not support a Knock Retard PID. The only PIDs are for knock sensor voltage which is pretty useless. We can however log knock via DMR, which is retrieving it right out of RAM. This has to be done for each and every operating system, since the RAM address changes between operating systems.
    This certainly answers the question.

Eric given the number of DMR's requested and given the time taken so far to implement the DMR's is it possible to prioritise the ones that make the tool functional (such as Knock and wideband) and release this as a first stage release so we can at least use it?
    Last edited by Yortt; 10-01-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yortt View Post
    This certainly answers the question.

Eric given the number of DMR's requested and given the time taken so far to implement the DMR's is it possible to prioritise the ones that make the tool functional (such as Knock and wideband) and release this as a first stage release so we can at least use it?
    Yeah, that's what I intend to do. Get the major items in, and add the rest of the stuff later.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Quick question. What adjustment to make and to which table to eliminate the dreaded 2-1 downshift when accelerating from standstill. Any other tips/tricks?

Cheers!

Tuner in Training
    Disregard, figured it out.

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone have any HP tuned Cars with a relatively similar setup to mine in the 500ish rwkw with a low mount turbo setup?
    Still struggling with Trans truncation issues in 3rd gear pulls from 3,000-4,000rpm, Taking power out of it at that stage eliminates the problem. I really don't want to detune the car though, that is gayer than AIDS.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    Eric
    Any progress?

Tuner in Training
    Can we get a description of the 50 odd shift tables please. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Alright, I've made progress on the the stall clip Trans trunc, that issue is now gone, Only need to work through the 3/4th gear roll on torque reduction issues now. Then back to the track. 3.5 Bar T-map has also arrived so something else to play with there.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    Is there any plan to inlude the ability to program a zf6 to a different pcm or is this always going to need ids to be done?

Advanced Tuner

Missing BF ZF parameters and the pesky ZF KAM reset

When looking at a mates FG F6 ZF calibration I noticed that there are many tables missing in the ZF calibration for the BF. Here is the list of tables I found missing:

Code:
    The missing tables on the BF are:

Transmission
       -> Auto Shift Speed
            Forbidden Shifts
       -> Auto Shift Properties
         -> Shift Pressure
           -> Switching Pressure
                Reduced 2 -> 1,Reduced 3 -> 2,Reduced 4 -> 3,Reduced 5 -> 4,Reduced 6 -> 5
        -> RAMP
           -> Boost Pressure
               Clutch A, Clutch B, Clutch C, Clutch D, Clutch E
           -> Boost Time
               Clutch A, Clutch B, Clutch C, Clutch D, Clutch E
         -> Torque Management
            -> General
              -> Torque Limit
                  vs Gear, vs  Upshift, vs Downshift
               -> Torque Converted
                   vs  Upshift, vs Downshift
    I have attached a standard ZF tune for those interested.

Before I log this with support can other people check to see if they have these tables in the BF. The OS is 5R29-7J104-AD

Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    Eric,

Would it be possible to add the ability to reset the adaptive learned values in the TCM's on B-series and FG series?
    I am not having much luck tracking this down. My mechanic has a question in for Bosch about it but I have not been able to find a Ford IDS system that supports it nor even if this functionality exists. Anyone got any information or know if it can be done?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Darryl my 06 BFF6 is 5R29-7J104-AD and is missing the same tables as listed above (in both 2.25.2762 & 3.0.76)
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks hiddeous, I will log a support request.

No one has ever found a solution to reset the KAM of the ZF
    Has to be done the long way
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Jet, much appreciated. I will stop trying to track it down. If someone can do it please PM me and we will go from there.