Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Rich after Flash

That's correct.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

First the P1516 Reduce Engine Power fix and now the Rich after Flash.....what more could we ask for from the best tuning software providers in the world. I want to thank you personally for your knowledge and support to us in going the extra mile....I am proud to be affiliated with the Forum as well as a seller of your products which I know will satisfy all our customers. Wouldn't recommend anything other than HP Tuners VCM Suite.

Thank you and take a well deserved day off today :-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I spoke to Paul Yaw about this specifically in relation to ID injectors. He said it should always be zeroed.
    So injector dynamics says to 0 it out with their injectors - SO one would also assume you should 0 it out with anything significantly over stock and not just decrease it... Perfect
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Quick question from an HPT noob... I got the updated version and I see the magic table. Would it be populated on a tune I pulled prior to the update or do I need to reread the ECM? It is currently all zeros on a '06 ZO6 which I figured would have something specified given the discussion here.

Thanks to HPT and the forum folks for all the hard work bringing these new values into the app!

Tuning Addict
    Not all with have numbers and why this doesn't work on all vehicles... AND to answer your other question - no need to re-read the ecm
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale1990 View Post
    Quick question from an HPT noob... I got the updated version and I see the magic table. Would it be populated on a tune I pulled prior to the update or do I need to reread the ECM? It is currently all zeros on a '06 ZO6 which I figured would have something specified given the discussion here.

Thanks to HPT and the forum folks for all the hard work bringing these new values into the app!
    You need to update hpt software on your computer with the latest and greatest.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Not all with have numbers and why this doesn't work on all vehicles... AND to answer your other question - no need to re-read the ecm
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
    I was wondering that in relation to 850's. That would explain my weird hot restart (no flash) 10% rich thing i see. So ID is saying to keep this table zeroed out all the time? Not just for tuning purposes?
    I wonder if that's the issue on mine too. Once E40's have it added I'll be able to find out. I've had an issue for a while where if the car sits for 20-30 minutes it will go super rich at startup. After running a minute or so it goes back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    First the P1516 Reduce Engine Power fix and now the Rich after Flash.....what more could we ask for from the best tuning software providers in the world. I want to thank you personally for your knowledge and support to us in going the extra mile....I am proud to be affiliated with the Forum as well as a seller of your products which I know will satisfy all our customers. Wouldn't recommend anything other than HP Tuners VCM Suite.

Thank you and take a well deserved day off today :-)

Ed M
    I agree!

They've been putting out some nice new stuff lately. V3+ was a nice step forward, now a 1516 fix and rich after flash fix.. All very nice additions.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    2014 ZL1 ecm must have different OS, as the new table doesn't show up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is this a problem with the E92 as well?
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    The engineer working on this will be out next week but the remaining E67 OS and E40 will be populated the following week.
    Just so it's clear, this applies to E38/E40/E67 only. The E92 does not use this logic.
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Thanks, appreciate that

Advanced Tuner
    Testing this out today, i can honestly say i've never had the rich after flash problem. I tend to find it's a little lean, but these are mostly SD tunes. Then after a while of idling find the motor richens up.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Weird, my E38 truck is all 0's from the factory. Looked at some E38 corvette tunes and they all start having something > 0 around 60*

What units are the temps in? C? It doesn't show and won't let me change the unit

Not a big deal in the least.. Just want to check. It's gotta be C though.
    I noticed this on some trucks that I had tuned over the years. Figured some of them already had this zero'd out and that just confirms my findings. Actually posted about it earlier in this thread on Pg.1 :

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    ^^ If that were the case the resultant commanded EQ ratio would reflect that as the IVT table is a modifier to current commanded EQ only in OL. Beyond that I always delete that table and fill it with 1.0 so it doesn't screw with me commanding 1.0 Lambda. Also take note of the pulse width of the injector... if it were something like that calculated it would show with a pulse increase however in all the cases I've looked at the pulsewidth reports the same value. This makes me think it's something in the pulse modifier section on a restart or reset that causes it to command more fuel. I really need to hook an oscilloscope up to an injector and measure the total pulsewidth after a reflash and compare that to the pulsewidth after the rich condition goes away. The reported pulsewidth in HPTuners is injection pulsewidth and not a total time pulsewidth. So the reported pulsewidth + voltage offset + short pulse etc would be the total pulse.

I do find it funny that alot of trucks don't do this. I did a 2007 6.2 truck yesterday that didn't go rich after a re-flash. So that tells me that there is definitely something that causes it on the cars that "should" be able to be turned off.
    After posting this I got some new gadgets for my dyno. One was a Pulsewidth/Duty Cycle monitor that clips inline between the injector and plug. I noticed the physical pulsewidth was increased after a re-flash as compared to the idle pulsewidth prior to the re-flash. The re-flash had no changes in the tune.

So glad this problem is found. Gen4 tunes will now be cut in half for me.
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 07-12-2016 at 02:24 AM.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Weird stuff. Makes sense why mine would go so rich though. Adding 0.25 (or more) msec to ID1000's at idle is like 20'ish% more fuel. Not nearly as big a deal for something with stock'ish injectors

I really wonder if this will fix my hot restart issue though... WB shows really rich if I start up after sitting for 20-30 mins when coolant temps are still high. I bet injector temp is getting high enough to start adding extra fuel in those cases

Senior Tuner
    This is a life saver for sure.

Also...I think it's absolutely hilarious that the editor supports fortnights as a unit of time.
    fortnight.jpg
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    This is a life saver for sure.

Also...I think it's absolutely hilarious that the editor supports fortnights as a unit of time.
    fortnight.jpg
    Lol...isnt that 2 weeks? Hows that work? That hpt engineers that write in data must have a sense of humor.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Yeah, it's two weeks

I saw that on twitter the other day lol
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Senior Tuner
    Exactly...2 weeks

LOL
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

lol, how clever