Thread: WOT Cell 22

Tuner

WOT Cell 22

I give up. HELP PLEASE.

Ok, I haven't played with my HPT for a while and spoke to someone recently who got me thinking about working on my tuning again and my one thing that I never could figure out... Thus the trouble begins...

I have an 03 Silverado SS. I have pretty good tuning I think.? Timing is from 60* to upper 27-29*s through out the table with no knock retard in winter and 1-2* knock in summer. Truck runs very well for the most part (will bark all 4 tires from a stop,) but I have an issue that has haunted me since I started tuning the truck a year ago.

My LTFTs are -2 and -3 all the time the 3kstall converter is locked and when I am accelerating from a stop (though the table seems to stay a bit more negative at the top left and less negative towards the bottom right no matter how I change the IFR (.94x currently) and MAF (1.055x currently) with VE up to 12% higher than stock in the corresponding sections or plain stock there seems to be no difference tuning with VE.)

However, when I am moving at 30+mh and step on the gas enough to downshift, no matter what I do, i get a positive 4 or 5 on the histogram and if 100%TPS, then I get 880 or so on the stock O2s. I never get to PE at all! Ever. I get cell 15 at 100%TPS. From the factory the delay says 5500rpm, I have taken that to 2400RPM and the g/cyl to 55 from 96 the factory setting there. I have changed the speed at which the table engages with no change. I have ven changed the numbers in the cells in the PE table from 1.1 or so up to 2+ with no change in the 4s or 5s or the O2s.

The STFTs are 0 when 100%TPS, and the O2s show 885-890 under that accel. No cell 22, no PE as I get cell 15 only. Any thoughts on what I should do. I am ok, with the way everything is running but the WOT showing possibly a bit lean and that makes me nervous.

I also use this truck to tow my 6700lb boat and trailer thus the tuning to lock the converter even at low speeds sometimes and it just moves better with little TPS when locked. The converter has a huge set of clutches designed for towing or turbo charging ;D

Any help would be appreciated. This one has stumped me quite a while.

I will be happy to email logs and bin files if you think you can help. I apologize as I don't know how to show the logs in this post without linking to a file somewhere else.
    Because it must be Brent!&&\'05 FORD F-250 Diesel, baby

Tuner

Re: WOT Cell 22

Have you tried changing the pe delay count and the pe delay rpms? we have this table on edit but not in hptuners. send your program, ill see if i can turn it on for you in edit, if it will let me, or ill just send the hex location one of the main guys can insert the stuff for you.
    fast as fast can be..... When i hit the nos, youll be sayin... WAIT4ME!!!!!