Thread: tuning accel 36lb injectors

Tuner in Training

tuning accel 36lb injectors

hey all, new to hp tuners how would i go about putting a tune in my 98 ramair using 36lb accel injectors with hp tuners. car has a base tune for my setup but i just want to add the larger fuel injectors and by the way, these accel injectors came out of my 1989 tuned port firebird, so would this mean they are rated at more than 36 with the higer fuel pressure of the ls1's. all help will make this tuning more fun thanks guy

Re: tuning accel 36lb injectors

the easiest way to tune for larger injectors is to know the ratio of your existing ones and the new ones. eg. if your current ones are 28lb and new ones are 36lb then mutliply your whole table by 36/28 or 1.286. Its not exact but gets most of us close enough.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

thanks chris and by the way i do have the 28lb currently. thanks again

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

just make sure they are rated for 36lb at the same psi as your 28.8's otherwise theres a little more calculation involved. Like mustang injectors might be rated at 36lb at 43psi whereas ls1's run 58psi so at 58psi they might actually be 42lb injectors...off the top of my head i cant remember the calculation i have it on my home computer but there are a few threads around on exactly what to do...whether here or ls1tech.

lata
    Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

im not sure what pressure they are rated at , i bought them for the tuned port motor, which i believe is set at around 43 psi, if that is the case what should i do? :huh2:

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

after a quick search on mr. gaskets site your correct they are rated at around 43-44psi so you would have to adjust the scale to 58psi like i said theres a correct formula that i cant remember off the top of my head...im sure chris, jimmyblue, horist or humpin ss knows it...im on my work computer and ls1tech is down so even if i wanted to i couldnt look it up right now for ya. If nobody responds I'll get the info to ya later.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Tuner in Training

ok this is what i found out about the accel 36lb injectors, thier flow rating @ 3.0 bar or 43.5 psi is 37.1 , i am still confused how to get thier rating for the ls1. i'm not sure how you are converting from a 3 bar to 4 bar. can anyone explain in layman terms. ;D hopefully with more time, the understanding will come. thanks guys

Go to tool in the HPTunder program and you can calulate your 0 vac numbers from there and multiply by the percetage difference

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Go to tool in the HPTunder program and you can calulate your 0 vac numbers from there and multiply by the percetage difference
    i just used the excel program floating around out there and sent him the info...he should be good to go.