Thread: Sharing my ChatGPT Bot trained to help with Gen4 v8 e38 engines.

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb Sharing my ChatGPT Bot trained to help with Gen4 v8 e38 engines.

Hey Guys,

I've been mostly on the asking side of things here, soaking up the wisdom this forum generously offers. Today, I'm excited to flip the script a bit and share something from my end that I hope can contribute back to our community.

I've developed a GPT bot specifically tailored for tuning Gen 4 V8 E38 engines. This isn't your average chatbot. It's been trained with a focus on the intricacies of our beloved engines, delving into the nuances of tuning that we all wrestle with. Whether it's VE tables, spark advance, or the ever-pesky fuel trims, this bot's got insights.

Link to GPT Bot: https://bit.ly/49ojd5M

What sets it apart is its ability to process and analyze tuning data, providing recommendations and adjustments that align with our tuning goals. It's like having a tuning buddy by your side, one that doesn't drink your beer or borrow your tools.

I've been testing it out on my own projects, tweaking it based on real-world results, and I'm finally at a point where I feel it can genuinely offer value to others in this space. It's not just about throwing numbers and tables at you; it's about understanding the why behind the tuning decisions we make. I have been working with it lately in optimizing the math for GMVE tuning VVE, as well as optimizing my filtering formulas. It is trained with all of the tables and functions for my engine, and able to answer the question: "What table do I need to edit or look at if I want to ..."

Here's a glimpse of what it can do:

Analyze VE tables and suggest optimizations
    Offer advice on managing air/fuel ratios across different loads and RPMs
    Provide insights on maximizing efficiency and performance through timing adjustments

I'm keen to get your thoughts, feedback, and, honestly, any tuning puzzles you might want to throw its way. I believe in the power of this community to push the envelope on what's possible with our engines, and I'm hoping this bot can be a tool in our collective tuning arsenal.

Looking forward to hearing what you all think and seeing how we can evolve our tuning strategies together.

-Crunchybeans

Dumb over-hyped shit. It takes more time to fact check the stupid chatbot for the inevitable errors than it would to just do the research yourself. The current AI thing is a scam, to collect venture capital funding for smooth-brained startups. Don't fall for it.

Senior Tuner
    Na fuck that. I'm not paying for it just to have a look.

And you've used this forum data to train it. I wouldn't trust 3/4 of the shit on here.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Dumb over-hyped shit. It takes more time to fact check the stupid chatbot for the inevitable errors than it would to just do the research yourself. The current AI thing is a scam, to collect venture capital funding for smooth-brained startups. Don't fall for it.
    "Smooth brained"....lol. I love using that term...

Potential Tuner
    Seems like a cool concept, new technology will always get pushback from the purest out there. i'll check it out and give any feedback I can.

Senior Tuner
    The problem with it is, once it's scraped all the data off websites like this and been trained, then all the sheep follow, where does it go for new concepts and new knowledge? Having used chat gpt for some coding help, I can tell you the model can easily get itself twisted up and spit out absolute junk.