Thread: Guys Can I do that?

Tuner

Guys Can I do that?

Guys,
    I was looking at Camaro SS 2000 injector Contro=>Offset VS. Volts VS. KPA and it is higher than mine? And alot of other things.
    My question; Can I take Camaro SS or Holden 2005 info and flash it on my car?
    Which I have to copy all the data it thier files and past it on mine, is it OK or not.
    Thanks
    Holden V8 A4, Comp Cam, Headrs, ASP pullys, K&N filter, HPTuner.&&

Re: Guys Can I do that?

What are you trying to fix where you beleive that would fix the problem???

Ali,
    Don't flash the actual .bin from those cars. It is ok to copy and paste the tables and other information but if that information is right for your car is the real question. What are you trying to do?
    -Mike
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Tuner

I feel that the car Voltange and Fuel isn't right. I can smel the gas after sec . Regarding the Voltage.For example, when I start the car the battrey will be 13.5 and when I put the car in drive will be 12.3 and sometimes 11.8. And if I started the AC it will be 11.8 or 12.2 no more than that? I wonder why.

Advanced Tuner

yeah what is odd, I initally started the SD tuning, and at step 8 I was doing some logging and battery kept dying. Voltage kept dropping. When I completed the rest of the steps, everything is fine. ???
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Tuner

Where can I find the SD and how do I do it.
    what is the steps that you made so far.

Advanced Tuner

Speed density tuning. See first post, stickied at the top.
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by UAE_77
    I feel that the car Voltange and Fuel isn't right. I can smel the gas after sec . Regarding the Voltage.For example, when I start the car the battrey will be 13.5 and when I put the car in drive will be 12.3 and sometimes 11.8. And if I started the AC it will be 11.8 or 12.2 no more than that? I wonder why.
    Measure the voltage off the alternator terminal, with the help of someone else. Sounds like your alt or something else in the charging system is having fits.

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by UAE_77
    Regarding the Voltage. For example, when I start the car the battrey will be 13.5 and when I put the car in drive will be 12.3 and sometimes 11.8. And if I started the AC it will be 11.8 or 12.2 no more than that? I wonder why.
    Still running a standard Holden battery that is a few years old? They are not known to last all that long.

A few symptoms people see with an ailing battery - car occasionally hard to start, notice lights dim when you lift off the accelerator, idle issues when running lots of accessories, car feels flat at low speeds when you lift off, then half surges when you accelerate again. Lots of people also find the traction control off light coming on when they start up. (Apparently related to not enough power to set traction control correctly at start up, so it is left off.)

I'm running an Ultima Optima Yellow Top Battery (have a reasonable aftermarket stereo), plus all the extra power draining accessories in a Calais. Have a voltage guage installed - which shows the car sits around high 13's most of the time. It can drop into the low 12s however at slow speeds with all accessories going (wipers / heater / lights / stereo). The type of range in figures you are seeing.

all the UAE cars run without O2's and in openloop as far as i know. The fuel smell would probably be related to your openloop f/a ratio table or your MAF/VE tables. Since you don't have fuel trims running to compensate for a rich condition.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...