Thread: PE Mode vs MAP

Potential Tuner

PE Mode vs MAP

I noticed that the Stock tune for my car has a PE enable MAP setting of 15 and MAP hysteresis of 6 (meaning that it goes out of PE mode at 9). Problem is, I noticed that even at WOT, my map readings are ranging from 14.21 to 14.36. I would take this to mean that I'm never going into PE mode. I also have ltft's of around 8.6 at WOT. I need to richen things up at WOT and I'm Thinking of first moving the MAP setting to 14 to ensure I'm in PE mode. Then adjusting ltft's through the IFR table. Is this a good idea or not? ???
    2001 Corvette Coupe 6spd.&&Cold Air Screens, B&M Ripper, Blackwing, Hi Flow Airbridge, ngk, Z06 catback

Tuner

Re: PE Mode vs MAP

The PE enable map is in kpa, not psi like you are logging. It is going into pe whenever their is an increase of map by 15 kpa. As far as your ltft's, reduce your ifr table until they go slightly negative.
    98 M6 TA, mods: tsp torquer(233/233 .589 112), Patriot golds, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, tsp lid, pacesetter LT\'s and ORY, magnaflow, fra, HPTUNER!

Potential Tuner

Thanks. That clears things up. I'll leave the PE table alone for now. I read at http://ls1edit.slowcar.net/tuning.html that the other way to reduce ltfts was to remap the MAF table. My ltft's were around +8, so I scaled the MAF table by 10% and pulled the #16 and #23 fuses to reset ltft's. I haven't relogged yet. Any idea as to what are the pro's and con's of using this method as opposed to the ifr table?

Thanks
    2001 Corvette Coupe 6spd.&&Cold Air Screens, B&M Ripper, Blackwing, Hi Flow Airbridge, ngk, Z06 catback

Advanced Tuner

You can reset your ltft's via the scanner without pulling fuses.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Potential Tuner

That's a great feature. Thanks. I'm still learning this software. So far, it's been great.

Tuner

The negative of this is that it affects your timing, but with hptuner you can adjust it however you want anyways. The reason it affects timing is because you are in effect, telling the pcm that there is more air coming in, so it pulls some timing. It also affects shift firmness I think in autos.
    98 M6 TA, mods: tsp torquer(233/233 .589 112), Patriot golds, ls6 oil pump, ls6 intake, tsp lid, pacesetter LT\'s and ORY, magnaflow, fra, HPTUNER!