Thread: need help with licensing info?

need help with licensing info?

i have ordered my HP tuners and i am waiting for it. i have used ls1 edit before, i am familiar with it but its been a long time.

however, none of the real time tuning stuff was around when i used edit... so my question is this:

can i use real time tuning with the MAF enabled. i absolutely HATE the idea of running speed density. my car will be a cam/bolt on car. i think the maf will support the power level just fine.

is there an option that allows RTT with the MAF in place instead of speed density? if not, what is my best option? in 2 years i would like to go with a forged boost engine, but thats a long ways off(for my wallet at least)

also, how many credits will it cost for the RTT? do i have to license the vehicle to do regular maf changes, then license it for speed density custom OS then license for real time tuning?

also, does real time tuning allow you to punch in a value into whatever table you are working with and see the immediate change?(like im tuning on a wideband for a/f and i make a change, should i see that change immediately?

thanks for the help and sorry for the stupid noob question. i have been searching and reading for weeks, but just dont understand whats needed for the RTT

i have a 2001 Z06

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    can i use real time tuning with the MAF enabled
    yes

is there an option that allows RTT with the MAF in place instead of speed density?
    yes

also, how many credits will it cost for the RTT?
    1 for the MAF RTT custom operating system

do i have to license the vehicle to do regular maf changes, then license it for speed density custom OS then license for real time tuning?
    no

also, does real time tuning allow you to punch in a value into whatever table you are working with and see the immediate change?(like im tuning on a wideband for a/f and i make a change, should i see that change immediately?
    yes
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

hell yes! thanks for answering those for me, i cant wait to get my software. i was sketchy about going with you guys vs efi live and edit(ive used both of those before) but im really looking forward to using your software!

thanks!

and thanks for moving, i sometimes overlook the proper sections

also, which tune would you recommend licensing for an 01Z06?

mods will mainly be cam and longtubes, possibly heads and nitrous down the road or more likely(funds pending) in a while save up for a forged engine and go big turbo or supercharger set. ill buy a new license at that point, but for now would you suggest running speed density full time or ???

Advanced Tuner
    if you don't want to go full time speed density then the MAF enhanced OS would be all you need. It will give you RTT
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by horist
    if you don't want to go full time speed density then the MAF enhanced OS would be all you need. It will give you RTT

what is the difficulty level in tuning between maf and speed density. i do not think i drive the car often enough to warrant going to a SD setup... yet.

which is easier to tune a cam on? i have a wideband.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    They're both pretty easy in reality as long as you have the right tools for the job.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    They're both pretty easy in reality as long as you have the right tools for the job.
    Just a wideband or some other stuff too? Thanks